- Dell Scholarship
- Gates Millenium Scholarship
- Horatio Alger
- Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship
- Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards
- State Fair of Texas Scholarship
- First In Family Scholarships
Scholarship Search Engine Information
Federal and State Grant Programs
Grant (free) money awarded to students based on financial need. To apply, submit the FAFSA by October 31st.
- Pell Grant award chart - free money for students with an EFC amount determined by the federal government
- TEXAS Grant - free money for students with an EFC determined by the state of Texas
Student Loan Information
The best student loans are offered by the government through the college’s Financial Aid Office. Students must qualify for these loans and apply through the FAFSA application.
- Direct Loans - Low interest student loan provided by the federal government. “Subsidized” loans are interest-free while the student is in college. “Unsubsidized” accrue interest while the student is in college. Flexible repayment plans are available.
- Texas B-on-Time Loans - Low interest student loan provided by the state of Texas for qualifying students. These loans are interest-free while the student is in college and may be forgiven if the student meets certain requirements.
Note: If you do not qualify for the loans listed above, the loan listed below is a great alternative offered by the state of Texas. This loan has its own application and requires a credit check. Most students will require a co-signer.
- Texas College Access Loans - low interest student loan provided by the state of Texas for families with higher incomes.