This year we will be using the Whova app for the digital program and to allow for easier interactions between presenters and participants. It also provides a discussion board and various attendee networking features. No presentations will be done virtually through the Whova app.
How to get the most out of the Whova app
- Register for the event. Participants will be sent the link to register after the proposals are submitted. Attendees can retrieve the link on the RCWS main web page and sent through Campus Notice days before the event.
- You will receive an email that will have a button to download the Whova app. Click on the sign-up button and create your account, using the email address you registered with. You will then see the RCWS event to click on.
- We suggest that you view Whova Tips on the bottom of the screen before the event.
- If you hit the attendees list you can begin chatting to others. If you click on the community button you can join in group chats or create a new topic or social group.
- Create your own profile section. You can chose a profile picture and add some information about yourself. We suggest to add a lot of information, as this will help you meet other people who have similar interest.
- If you would like to watch the action unfold on a big screen, you will also receive an email from Whova, which will give you access to the desktop version.
- If you have any questions send an email to Ben Belz, Belzb@southwestern.edu.