Southwestern Theatre Majors are eligible for the Sarofim Scholarship by auditioning on one of our Audition Workshop days.
Prospective students are encouraged to audition and/or participate in a portfolio review for the Sarofim Scholarship at one of our Audition Workshop days. These workshops offer you an in-depth look into the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty. The Audition Workshops are NOT required in order to join the Theatre Department or major in theatre at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships.
Audition Workshop Dates:
- Sunday, November 14, 2021
- Sunday, February 27, 2022
Schedule for the Day:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Continental breakfast and meeting with our theatre faculty.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:50 p.m.
- Design portfolio review
- Acting auditions
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop
- Design workshop
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with the faculty.
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team followed by a Q&A session
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. see the current production; for November 2021 She Kills Monsters and for February 2022 Sweeney Todd.
- 5:15 p.m. Optional Q&A Session
Registration Coming Soon!
Please send questions regarding auditions to FineArtsAdmissions@