Southwestern Theatre Majors are eligible for the Sarofim Scholarship by auditioning on one of our Audition Workshop days.
Prospective students are encouraged to audition and or do a portfolio review for the Sarofim Scholarship at one of our Audition Workshop days. These workshops offer you an in-depth look into the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty. The Audition Workshops are NOT required to join the Theatre Department or major in Theatre at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships.
Audition Workshop Dates:
Schedule for the Day:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. The morning session will begin with a continental breakfast and will include meeting our theatre faculty.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Audition/portfolio review
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop.
- Design workshop
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with faculty.
- 2:00p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team followed by a Q&A session
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the spring see the production Heathers the Musical
- 5:15 p.m. Q&A Session
Please carefully read the Audition Guidelines
Can’t make it to campus? Visit us at various conventions this audition season
- TETA : September 26 -29, 2018 in Dallas, Texas
- North Texas Drama Auditions: November 15 - 17, 2018 in Plano, Texas
Sarofim Scholarships in Theatre are for Theatre majors only.
For any questions regarding auditions please call:
Julie Hudson at 512-863-1548.