Southwestern Theatre Majors are eligible for the Sarofim Scholarship by auditioning on one of our Audition Workshop days.
Prospective students are encouraged to audition and/or participate in a portfolio review for the Sarofim Scholarship at one of our Audition Workshop days. These workshops offer you an in-depth look into the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty . The Audition Workshops are NOT required in order to join the Theatre Department or major in theatre at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships .
Audition Workshop Dates:
- November 17, 2019
- March 1, 2020
Schedule for the Day:
(Will be updated after August 1, 2019)
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. The morning session will begin with a continental breakfast and will include meeting our theatre faculty.
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Audition/portfolio review
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop.
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with the faculty.
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; followed by a Q&A session
- 2:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the fall see the production Twelve Angry Jurors; in the spring see Little Women: the Broadway Musical.
Registration for auditions will open by August 31, 2019
Please read the 2018-2019 Audition Guidelines for an idea of what this season’s guidelines will be.
Can’t make it to campus? Visit us at various conventions this audition season
- TETA : September 26 -29, 2019 in Dallas, Texas
- North Texas Drama Auditions : November 21, 2019, in Plano, Texas
Sarofim Scholarships in Theatre are for Theatre majors only.
For any questions regarding auditions please call:
Julie Hudson at 512-863-1548.