Southwestern Theatre Majors are eligible for the Sarofim Scholarship by auditioning on one of our Audition Workshop days.
Prospective students are encouraged to audition and/or participate in a portfolio review for the Sarofim Scholarship at one of our Audition Workshop days. These workshops offer you an in-depth look into the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty . The Audition Workshops are NOT required in order to join the Theatre Department or major in theatre at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships .
Audition Workshop Dates:
Schedule for the Day:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Continental breakfast and meeting with our theatre faculty.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:50 p.m.
- Design portfolio review
- Acting auditions
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop
- Design workshop
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with faculty .
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team followed by a Q&A session
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the fall see the production Twelve Angry Jurors; in the spring see Little Women: the Broadway Musical.
- 5:15 p.m. Optional Q&A Session
Please read the 2019-2020 Audition Guidelines .
Can’t make it to campus? Visit us at various conventions this audition season
- TETA: September 26 -29, 2019 in Dallas, Texas
- North Texas Drama Auditions: November 21, 2019, in Plano, Texas
Sarofim Scholarships in Theatre are for Theatre majors only.
For any questions regarding auditions please call:
Sherri Graf at 512-863-1548.