Our Audition Workshops are your audition for a Sarofim Scholarship in Theatre. It will offer you an opportunity to learn more about the programs offered in the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty.
However, these Audition Workshops are NOT required to join the Theatre Department at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships.
Audition Workshop Dates:
Schedule for the Day:
- 9:00 a.m. -9:30 a.m. The morning session will begin with a continental breakfast and will include meeting our theatre faculty.
- Audition/portfolio review
- Tour our facilities
- Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with faculty.
- Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; followed by a Q&A session
- Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. see A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Register now for your Audition
Please carefully read the Audition Guidelines
If you are visiting Southwestern and would like to audition on the day of your visit, please sign-up on the Visit page. We will do our best to accommodate all request but can not guarantee it.
Sarofim Scholarships in Theatre are for Theatre majors only.
For any questions regarding auditions please call:
Julie Hudson at 512-863-1548.