Southwestern Theatre Majors are eligible for the Sarofim Scholarship by auditioning on one of our Audition Workshop days.
Prospective students are encouraged to audition and/or participate in a portfolio review for the Sarofim Scholarship either by submitting online or at our Audition Workshop day. This in-person workshop offers you an in-depth look into the Theatre Department and introduces you to our faculty.
The Audition Workshop and or submission of audition/portfolio review are NOT required in order to major in theatre at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern scholarships.
Please note the following: Due to Covid-19, we encourage you to visit the website often and check your emails from Southwestern and or the Sarofim School of Fine Arts. Requirements and Dates may change.
This fall Auditions & Portfolio Reviews will occur by submission online. The DEADLINE for submission is November 18, 2020. Telephone interviews will be scheduled past this date if necessary.
SPRING AUDITION WORKSHOP
- Announcement of Spring Dates Coming Soon
Schedule for the Day:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Continental breakfast and meeting with our theatre faculty.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:50 p.m.
- Design portfolio review
- Acting auditions
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop
- Design workshop
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with the faculty.
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team followed by a Q&A session
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. see current production
- 5:15 p.m. Optional Q&A Session
Registration Coming Soon!
Audition Guidelines for both the virtual submission and the On-campus event.
Please send questions regarding auditions to FineArtsAdmissions@