Study Abroad Peer Mentor
I’m Zarine, the new Study Abroad Peer Mentor! I’m a senior double majoring in Anthropology and Art History. During the fall of my sophomore year (2019) I went abroad with the Art History department for the SU London Program! I was able to study for my major, as well as take courses on London’s history and British politics. The other Southwestern students from the program have become a wonderful group of friends, and I’m so happy the SU program brought us all together. I traveled around Europe during my time abroad, as well as did an internship! I was a Visitor Engagement Intern at the Foundling Museum. The picture is actually me in front of one of our main exhibits. I made so many connections through the Foundling Museum and learned a lot about the field I want to pursue: museum studies. I loved being in the UK so much - I’m applying to attend grad school there!
Studying abroad can seem daunting - I know I was concerned with the required course schedules for my double major and the financials of it all. Whatever your questions or concerns may be, the Office of Study Abroad is here to help. One thing’s for sure - it’s better to start early! Feel free to come chat with me about any concerns or questions you have and I’ll do my best to steer you in the right direction!
Advising for Study Abroad & Study Away - Fall 2021
Drop-In Peer Advising
Tuesdays, 1:00-4:00pm in Prothro 2nd Floor Intercultural Learning & Cross-Cultural Center Lobby - no appointment needed!
Zarine is also available for peer advising through appointments - Click HERE to save a spot!
Study Abroad/Away Group Advising
Wednesdays, 12:30-1:30pm in Prothro 233 - no appointment needed!
One-on-One In-Person Advising (virtual appointments available by request)
IMPORTANT: Once you schedule an advising appointment, please complete this form 24 hours BEFORE your appointment time.
- Make an appointment with Meaghan Bellande, Assistant Director of Study Abroad HERE
- Make an appointment with Monya Lemery, Director of Study Abroad HERE
Location on Campus
- Charles & Elizabeth Prothro Center for Lifelong Learning (PRC) — Rooms 231 & 232
- Southwestern University, Office of Study Abroad & International Student Services, P.O. Box 770, Georgetown, TX 78627
Mailing Address for Couriers
- Southwestern University, Office of Study Abroad & International Student Services, Prothro Center - Room 232, 1001 East University Avenue, Georgetown, TX 78626