IMPORTANT: Do not apply for a study abroad program without pre-approval by The Office of Study Abroad & International Student Services at Southwestern. Credit transfer and financial aid may be jeopardized if prior approval for a program is not granted.
- The Office of the Registrar will not award academic credit for coursework taken on a program (including virtual programs) without pre-approval.
- Students may not study abroad during a Leave of Absence.
General Eligibility Requirements for Study Abroad:
- Have established a GPA at Southwestern of 2.0 or higher - must be established before leaving to study abroad
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
- Be enrolled full-time during the semester before study abroad
- Clear any negative balances on student account before leaving to study abroad
- Meet any program-specific requirements for the program to which you apply, whether an SU Program or an approved provider’s program
Worried you don’t meet the eligibility requirements for study abroad? Contact our office at email@example.com
Prior to applying, all applicants must:
- Attend at least one advising session with the Office of Study Abroad and International Student Services through:
- Group Advising
- One-on-One Advising
- Faculty-led Information Session
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss study abroad plans
- Review and prepare the appropriate application materials:
- September 1st - Spring ISEP, Spring CHIP, & Spring NYA
- October 1st - Spring Program Providers
- December 1st - SU Faculty-Led Summer Programs
- February 1st - Summer Program Providers, Fall ISEP, Fall CHIP, & Fall NYA
- March 1st - Fall Program Providers
SU Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Application 2022 (application will be available in August 2021)