Southwestern’s Office of Study Abroad and International Student Services takes a holistic approach to off-campus study by preparing and supporting students to live and learn in a new culture setting. Exposure to different ideas and perspectives is an integral part of the Southwestern Experience.
Adventure. Experiences. Ideas. Perspectives.
Welcome to the Office of Study Abroad and International Student Services at Southwestern University. Our office plays a dual role of advising current Southwestern students on study abroad opportunities and advising international students studying at Southwestern University.
Whether you know where you want to study or are open to new ideas, we invite you to learn more about our programs and talk with our staff, who can help you to determine which adventure is right for you. We have an on-site Resource Room full of helpful information, and can likely get you in touch with current students or alumni who studied in or near the same location.
- Amsterdam — Sexuality and Culture
- Buenos Aires — Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
- European Cultural Explorations
- Granada — Intermediate Spanish Language
- Switzerland — Sustainability in Switzerland
Attend an Information Session to learn more about a faculty-led program.
Study Abroad Application Deadlines
- September 1st - Spring ISEP, Spring CHIP, & Spring NYAP
- October 1st - Spring Program Providers
- December 1st - SU Faculty-Led Summer Programs (application to open October 1st)
- February 1st - Summer Program Providers, Fall ISEP, Fall CHIP, & Fall NYAP
- March 1st - Fall Program Providers, SU London Semester (application to open October 1st)
Featured Alumni Stories
Southwestern graduate named Southwestern’s 18th Fulbright recipient in 18 years.Read Full Story
Study Abroad News
Southwestern University is pleased to offer the following faculty-led Study Abroad programs for 2022.READ FULL STORY