- This is the first step you must take before registering for classes at Sprog. Taking this exam does not mean that you will have to select a foreign language class for your first semester, however, it is a required step to take before you register. Your fall course registration cannot be completed until you have done so.
- All students who plan to continue a language previously studied, who are not transferring credit from another institution, must go to the Modern Languages Web Page to take your Language Placement Exam at least one week prior to Sprog.
- All students must take 3 semesters of a foreign language as part of Southwestern’s General Education requirements. This exam will help us place you in the appropriate class.
- The password for the exam is pirates1.
- You will need to enter your full first and last names to take the exam.
- You will not need a student ID number and should leave that field blank.
- Note: Students taking the Latin exam must read the instruction specific to that exam.
- By June 1st login to my.southwestern.edu and click on WebAdvisor to review and complete the ‘First-Year Students – Preferences for Housing’ from under Student Life.
- Please note that the date of submission of your housing form will drive your residence hall and roommate preferences. When considering roommate requests, the Housing Office will use the latest date of submission between the roommates. Hall/room preferences are not guaranteed.
- Please be sure to upload your health records, as directed in your Deposit Packet. Please consult this information sheet for more details.
- Our Health Center in Prothro Center Ste 200 will be open from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. during Sprog.
- Due to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, Southwestern cannot discuss bills, financial aid, or send grade reports to parents.
- If the student is willing, he or she may voluntarily give written consent by signing a FERPA Information Release Waiver , giving Southwestern permission discuss your educational records in written, oral and electronic formats.
- Every student bringing a vehicle to campus must fill out a Motor Vehicle Registration/Parking Permit card.
- The fee associated with a motor vehicle registration is $100 per semester. Motor vehicle registration is automatically billed along with tuition.
- If you are planning to have a car on campus this fall, please bring the appropriate vehicle information with you, so you can complete the necessary paperwork for your campus parking sticker. View this sample card for the required information .
- Students not bringing a car to campus this fall must fill out a parking permit waiver form. You will be reimbursed for the fee once your waiver is processed. Information will be available at the Sprog event.
- All forms will be available in the Smith Library Center starting at 11:00 am.
- If you need accommodations because of a disability or have any disability-related questions, please visit the Academic Success webpage with Services for Students with Disabilities .
- If you would like to get a head start on choosing your courses for the fall semester, review the Course Catalog to see what courses SU offers.