Attending Sprog Orientation is required for all incoming students. During your day and a half overnight stay, you will have the opportunity to cross off some very important to-do items as you get ready for the Southwestern Experience. Plan on being on campus from 9 a.m. on Day 1 to 5 p.m. on Day 2. After the first day of sessions, you will spend the evening in our residence halls, meet other Pirates, and enjoy the best of Pirate life! Your meals and accommodations are all covered in your orientation fee, collected when you deposited.
What do we do?
- Learn about the SU curriculum and programs of study
- Meet your Orientation Leader and your first year Academic Advisor
- Register on-site for your first-semester classes
- Engage with Southwestern faculty, staff, and current students
- Meet your future friends and classmates!
- Tour the residence halls
- Learn about your Financial Aid next steps and important Business Office policies
- Receive your Pirate card - student ID card
- Experience what life is like living on campus
- Participate in student activities
- Explore social life at SU
- Officially become a Southwestern Pirate!
Please keep in mind that Sprog is a required Orientation event.