Attending Sprog Orientation is required for all incoming students. During your day and a half overnight stay, you will have the opportunity to cross off some very important to-do items as you get ready for the Southwestern Experience. Plan on being on campus from 9 a.m. on Day 1 to 5 p.m. on Day 2. After the first day of sessions, you will spend the evening in our residence halls, meet other Pirates, and enjoy the best of Pirate life! Your meals and accommodations are all covered in your orientation fee, collected when you deposited.
What do we do?
- Learn about the SU curriculum and programs of study
- Meet individually with a Sprog Guide to explore course options
- Register on-site for your first-semester classes
- Engage with Southwestern faculty, staff, and current students
- Meet your future friends and classmates!
- Complete parking-permit registration and receive official parking sticker
- Tour the residence halls and pick your room
- Learn about your financial aid next steps and important Business Office policies
- Receive your official Southwestern Student I.D. card
- Experience what life is like living on campus
- Participate in mini Pirate Training
- Explore social life at SU and scope out the best hang out spots
- Officially become a Southwestern Pirate!
Please keep in mind that Sprog is a required Orientation event. Incoming students are also required to attend Welcome Week the week of August 15–21. Additionally, Parent Orientation occurs during Sprog.