- Placement exam information
- Proficiency assessment information: The Emmersion oral assessment test for Spanish 3, Spanish majors and minors, Latin American and Border Studies majors, and International Studies majors: You will be prompted to create an account if you have never taken one of these exams. Use your full southwestern email address as your user name. If you took a placement exam in Spanish, French, German or Chinese as an incoming 1st-year-student, choose the “I already have an account” link below the “Create account” button. If you have technical problems please contact Dr. Ted Jobe. Technical requirements: a computer with an internal or external mic for voice input.
- Transfer of Credit Guidelines - information on transfer of credit for Spanish
- Pre-departure transfer of credit form- information to bring to your meeting with the Spanish department chair concerning your study abroad program
- Suggested programs for Spanish majors and minors
- Office of Intercultural Learning - information on study abroad
- Granada, Spain - student photos from summer programs
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - student photos from summer programs
- Spanish Department advising guide
- Degree plans for Spanish majors and minors (2018-19 catalog. Older degree plans here).
- Spanish major and minor - google documents
- Pathways to Success in Spanish
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) - contact faculty advisor Professor Angeles Rodríguez Cadena or student president for information.
- Word reference - recommended dictionary. includes many discussion forums
- La Real Academia Española - El diccionario oficial de la Real Academia Española: español/español
- Jergas de habla hispana - dictionary of slang in the Spanish-speaking world
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide (Literature, Culture, Film Studies)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (Linguistics)
- Spanish Language and Culture - a great site with many interactive activities and songs
- Study Spanish - grammar explanations and activities, along with vocabulary and pronunciation activities
- Stanford University Language Resources Page - includes many links to search engines, radio and television, etc.
- BBC Spanish language learning resources
On a Macintosh
[á] =”option” + “e” and “a”
[é] =”option” + “e” and “e”
[í] =”option” + “e” and “i”
[ó] =”option” + “e” and “o”
[ú] =”option” + “e” and “u”
[ñ] =”option” + “n” and “n”
[¡] =”option” + “1”
[¿] =” shift” + “option” + “?”
Note:For the vowels and the [ñ], press the option key and the first letter together. Release them both. Then type the second letter.
On a PC
[á] = “alt” + “0225”
[é] = “alt” + “0233”
[í] = “alt” + “0237”
[ó] = “alt” + “0243”
[ú] = “alt” + “0250”
[ñ] = “alt” + “0241”
[¡] = “alt” + “0161”
[¿] = “alt” “0191”
Note:Hold down the alt key as you type in the numbers. Then release the alt key.