- Placement exam information
- The Spanish placement exam for incoming students to determine which level Spanish class to begin with. When you first go to this page you will be prompted to create an account and log in credentials. Use your Southwestern email. Leave the student ID field BLANK. Note that using outside help of any kind is a violation of the honor code.
- The TrueNorth oral assessment test for Spanish 3, Spanish majors and minors, Latin American and Border Studies majors, and International Studies majors: You will be prompted to create an account if you have never taken one of these exams. Use your full southwestern email address as your user name.
Fall 2020 tutoring with Bailey: To make an appointment with Bailey, use this link: https://southwestern.mywconline.com
- Mondays 3:00-4:00 pm
- Tuesdays 8:00-9:00 pm
- Wednesdays 1:00-2:00 pm
- Wednesdays 7:00-9:00 pm
- Thursdays 8:00-9:00 pm
- Transfer of Credit Guidelines - information on transfer of credit for Spanish
- Pre-departure transfer of credit form - information to bring to your meeting with the Spanish department chair concerning your study abroad program.
- Office of Intercultural Learning - information on study abroad
- Granada, Spain - student photos from summer programs
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - student photos from summer programs
- Spanish Department advising guide
- Degree plans for Spanish majors and minors (2018-19 catalog. Older degree plans here).
- Spanish major and minor - google documents
- Pathways to Success in Spanish
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) - contact faculty advisor Professor Angeles Rodríguez Cadena or student president for information.
- Word reference - recommended dictionary. includes many discussion forums
- La Real Academia Española - El diccionario oficial de la Real Academia Española: español/español
- Jergas de habla hispana - dictionary of slang in the Spanish-speaking world
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide (Literature, Culture, Film Studies)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (Linguistics)
- Spanish Language and Culture - a great site with many interactive activities and songs
- Study Spanish - grammar explanations and activities, along with vocabulary and pronunciation activities
- Stanford University Language Resources Page - includes many links to search engines, radio and television, etc.
- BBC Spanish language learning resources
On a Macintosh
[á] =”option” + “e” and “a”
[é] =”option” + “e” and “e”
[í] =”option” + “e” and “i”
[ó] =”option” + “e” and “o”
[ú] =”option” + “e” and “u”
[ñ] =”option” + “n” and “n”
[¡] =”option” + “1”
[¿] =” shift” + “option” + “?”
Note: For the vowels and the [ñ], press the option key and the first letter together. Release them both. Then type the second letter.
On a PC
[á] = “alt” + “0225”
[é] = “alt” + “0233”
[í] = “alt” + “0237”
[ó] = “alt” + “0243”
[ú] = “alt” + “0250”
[ñ] = “alt” + “0241”
[¡] = “alt” + “0161”
[¿] = “alt” “0191”
Note: Hold down the alt key as you type in the numbers. Then release the alt key.