Here are a few other reviews from last year’s SOAR participants:
“This is a great conference that takes away a lot of anxiety students have about entering the professional world.”
“Friendly environment….very entertaining”
“I feel really excited about my future.”
“I had a wonderful day and feel more prepared for seeking and securing an internship.”
“Thank you for putting together the SOAR Summit! It was a well-organized and extremely helpful experience.”
SOAR Summit Benefits
Through the Summit you can expect:
- A head start on securing internships—the most important factor for gaining employment after graduation
- Training on resume writing, interviewing, professional attire, business etiquette, and networking
- Automatic qualification to apply for internship funding (no additional workshop attendance needed)
- Personalized, tailored resume critique and edits
- Networking contacts (alumni etc.)
- Swag: T-shirt, portfolio, business cards, etc.
SOAR Summit Sponsors
- Red & Charline McCombs and the McCombs Family Foundation
- James “Rad” Conrad Weaver and Ashley Weaver
- Diane Gottsman, National Etiquette Expert and Founder of the Protocol School of Texas
- Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Georgetown Shirt Co.
- Minuteman Press of Georgetown
- Just Love Coffee
- McAlister’s Deli
- 309 Coffee
Presented by the award-winning Center for Career & Professional Development team along with a lineup of nationally renowned industry experts and Southwestern alumni, the SOAR Summit offers sophomores an immersive, two-day professional development conference to kick start their career exploration and the internship search process.