Presented by the award-winning Center for Career & Professional Development team along with a lineup of nationally renowned industry experts and Southwestern alumni, the SOAR Summit offers sophomores an immersive, two-day professional development conference to kick start their career exploration and the internship search process.
SOAR Summit Benefits
Through the Summit you can expect:
- A head start on securing internships—the most important factor for gaining employment after graduation
- A free four-course fine-dining meal plus all other meals during the summit
- Training on resume writing, interviewing, professional attire, business etiquette, and networking
- Automatic qualification to apply for internship funding (no additional workshop attendance needed)
- A tailored resume
- A personalized internship search plan
- Networking contacts (alumni etc.)
- Early access to return to campus at the end of winter break (no extra housing costs)*
- Swag: T-shirt, portfolio, bag, etc.
*Participating sophomores return to campus from holiday break and move into the residence halls beginning at noon, Thursday, January 9, 2020.
SOAR Summit Sponsors
The SOAR Summit is presented through the generous support and partnership of our sponsors, including:
- Diane Gottsman, National Etiquette Expert and Founder of the Protocol School of Texas
- Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Georgetown Shirt Co.
- Just Love Coffee
- McAlister’s Deli