Outside scholarships, also known as private scholarships, are not managed or administered by Southwestern, but by outside entities. Although Southwestern does not award these funds, federal, state, and Southwestern University policies require that the University use outside scholarships as a source of financial aid. If you have been awarded an outside scholarship, please complete our Outside Scholarship Declaration Form.
Information regarding outside scholarships is presented on this page for the convenience of Southwestern students. The University does not endorse, sponsor, or have any role in the administration of these private aid programs, and therefore disclaims any responsibility or liability for the information provided.
Eligible students must be:
- A member of he United Methodist Church for at least 1 year
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent from latest academic transcript (HS for freshman)
- Preference should be given to ethnic minority and/or first generation college students
Deadline: October 1
The Jungle Scout team is excited to announce a new charitable initiative – offering scholarships to students in the US who are studying in business, entrepreneurship and computer science related fields.
- Must apply for funding each semester
- Applicants must be studying at or preparing to study at an accredited University
- $2000 scholarship per applicant per semester
- Fall: September 1st
- Spring: February 1st
In order to further Bella Ballroom’s mission to provide opportunities to young, emerging artists, we are proud to sponsor an annual scholarship contest. This contest is open to current U.S. undergraduate students. The winner will receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
- Must be currently enrolled with an accredited U.S. college, university, or trade school.
- Must be a current undergraduate majoring in dance, theater, music, performing arts or related field.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Deadline: November 15, annually
The purpose of this scholarship is to offer financial assistance to college students without the necessary financial means, but with the appropriate amount of determination to go to a college that can change their path in life for the better.
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program.
- This scholarship is offered nationwide to United States citizens.
- Students must be in academic “Good Standing” and have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher to be eligible.
Spring 2018: December 10th 2017
Fall 2018: March 15th 2018
In order to be considered for any scholarship listed below, students must complete a general application. Our general application is an efficient way for students to apply for scholarships and allows students to be matched to certain scholarships, and recommended for other scholarships. The scholarships that are recommended to the student require supplemental information.
The good financial habits we develop as collegiate can serve us for the rest of our lives. To help promote financial responsibility among post-secondary students around the world, we’re thrilled to award one $1,000 USD scholarship annually to help alleviate educational costs.
Eligibility: Anyone actively enrolled full-time in an accredited college/university
Deadline: April 1, 2018
With the ever-increasing costs of college tuition, we understand that the “American Dream” is getting harder to obtain. Many students leave school buried in student loan debt, taking them years to climb out.
- US Citizens planning to attend or currently attending an American university or college
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Eligibility: Any current, full-time student of an accredited two-year or four-year American university or college is welcome to apply. There is no age or specific major requirement.
Deadline: November 30, 2017
The Planet of Baseball is your one-stop resource for all things related to baseball and softball. We love the game of baseball and want to foster the growth of this sport in young men, women and children, so we are thrilled to announce the launch of the Planet of Baseball Scholarship Program.
Eligibility: Any current student who is a U.S. citizen
- Spring: March 1, 2017
- Fall: September 1, 2017
- Be enrolled full time in high school or at least part time in college, graduate, professional, or trade school.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
Deadline: September 30, December 31, March 31, and June 30
As an advocate of higher education, Tenrows.com is seeking to help a student or prospective student relieve some financial stress in their school career.
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Current or future (next year) students (of any year) are eligible for the scholarship. The $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student and the money will be transferred to their University’s bank account to cover the tuition fee.
Deadline: December 13, 2017
Our Charlotte Chiropractor at Beyond Wellness Chiropractic Center, P.C. values students who decide to pursue higher education for future success. That is why we have launched the Spread the Word on Safety Scholarship opportunity that will be awarded every year.
Eligibility: Either a current graduating high school senior with acceptance to an accredited school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate college degree.
Deadline: January 6th 2018
- This scholarship is only for students who are presently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools.
- Applicants must be of and above 18 years of age
Deadline: December 31, 2017
- Applicants must be a current college student, or anyone planning on attending college (or another form of higher education), in the upcoming school year.
- Student must have a valid driver’s license.
Deadline: December 1
As part of our commitment to contribute back to society and improve the education of students all over the world, we are offering a quarterly student scholarship for all college students who are currently enrolled or enrolling within one calendar year to a national or international university.
Only graduating seniors in high school, freshmen and sophomores in college between the ages of 16 and 22 are eligible to win.
Deadline: March 31st, June 30th, September 30th, December 31st
Eligibility: Any legal U.S. resident at least eighteen (18) years old who meets one of the following criteria:
- Currently attending high school and will be attending an accredited university or college in the next academic year
- Currently attending an accredited university or college (undergraduate and graduate students are both eligible)
- Spring: March 1
- Fall: September 1
Details: Eligibility for this student scholarship requires entrants be a current college student or recent college graduate (within one year) at time of award announcement
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Details: Submit an application with answers to two specified prompts. $1500 scholarship for outstanding students based either on a merit or need basis.
- Spring: March 1
- Summer: June 1
- Fall: September 1
- Winter: December 1
CJ Pony Parts is offering two $500 scholarships each year to students enrolling in post-secondary education in their next semester. These scholarships are open to any field of study and are not exclusive to just automotive or related degrees.
Details: Create a short video, under 3 minutes long, on a specified topic:
- Spring: April 15
- Fall: October 15
At Choosy Traveler, we believe in the trans-formative power of travel, and want to help students build their own incredible experiences through travel abroad! We’re proud to give back through the Choosy Traveler Study Abroad Scholarship.
Details: Scholarship is based on merit, and is open to US citizens in any field of study, who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program (or will be enrolled as of Jan 1st, 2018).
Deadline: December 31, 2017
A comprehensive list of scholarships for undocumented students
JobSource1.com is proud to announce a $1000 academic scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Open to Undergraduate, Graduate, High school and incoming students
- Open to the legal residents of the United States and Canada
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Deadline: March 15, 2018
The law offices of Howell & Christmas, LLC, a 10 out of 10 Avvo rated law firm is proud to have served the working men and women of South Carolina, with combined legal experience of over 30 years.
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the United States or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an official copy of their transcript
- Fall: July 31st
- Spring: November 30th
The law firm of Steinger, Iscoe & Greene dedicates a large part of our practice to helping families who have faced child abuse in any form. We know that many future lawyers also hope to champion this cause, and we are pleased to offer a semi-annual $1,000 scholarship for a child advocate or abuse survivor seeking a law degree.
- You have personally worked to protect children’s rights or stop abuse either as a volunteer, as a counselor, in your professional work or by legal means.
- You are an abuse survivor who wishes to use your own experiences to help others.
- Fall: July 31
- Spring: November 30
Plan to help seniors in the future? You could be grandma’s caregiver or the next great innovator for seniors. Whether you’re pursuing technology or the arts, you’re committed to improve senior care.
- $3500 scholarship to a student attending an accredited U.S. college or universities
Deadline: May 25, 2017
- Applicant must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicant must also be majoring in human biology, chemistry, anatomy, or related sciences major working toward a degree.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
RapidSeedbox is motivated to help students who are dedicated to pursuing their dream to be computer engineers and help to improve the world with forward-thinking technology, therefore, we hold a $1000 merit-based scholarship twice a year for students pursuing their passions in one of the following fields:
- Computer Software
- Machine intelligence
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
A minimum GPA of 3.0 (USA/Canada) or Distinction (Australia) enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in Fall (of the current year) or Spring (of the following year).
Fall semester - June 30th
Spring semester - November 30th
The HomeSecurityList Smart Home Scholarship is intended to cultivate innovation among the next generation of builders, makers, ethical-hackers, product creators and even homeowners interested in the internet of things.
Eligibility Requirements: A high school senior already accepted to a college or trade school, a student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any accredited college, university or trade school in the United States. You must be interested in the smart home revolution including home automation, IoT (internet of things), home security, etc.…
Application Deadline: December 10th, 2017
Calling out all student gamers and gaming enthusiasts all over the world! GamingScan is giving out $1500 through our Annual Gamer’s Scholarship Program. We want to reward a student who can make an impact by writing a piece about gaming.
- Application is free and open to all students from any country.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Your submitted essay will be scanned by a plagiarism checker application and double-checked by our evaluators.
- We are strict about the admission slip requirement to ensure that the applicant is indeed an enrolled student. Likewise, we will not accept application of previous winners of the Annual Gamer’s Scholarship.
- The winner will be contacted to confirm home address before sending the $1500 check. This is a standard procedure to ensure that the winner receives prize.
- The winning piece will be published in our website. By sending us your written work, you are already giving GamingScan permission to post your work, in case you win the competition.
- All sensitive information are kept confidential among our staff who will handle the scholarship applications
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2018
- The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college located in United States.
- Graduate and undergraduate students can apply
- Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or above are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be pursuing or intending to pursue their bachelor’s degree which can be in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
Deadline: January 31, 2018
EasyEDA is a great web-based EDA aiming to help electronic engineers, students, hobbyists to take their design from idea to reality with providing comprehensive data and collaboration tools for electronic design.
High school, undergraduate or postgraduate students are eligible to apply
- Term 1: March 13 - Sept. 13, 2017
- Term 2: Oct. 13 - Feb. 13, 2018
ExtremeTerrain is offering two $3,000 scholarships, one for the fall semester and one for the spring Semester to eligible students pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth and Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, or Sustainable Agriculture Systems.
- Students who are pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth & Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, Sustainable Agriculture Systems. Proof of enrollment is required along with submission.
- ExtremeTerrain Scholarships are non-renewable, however previous winners who are still eligible may submit a new essay that follows the same criteria. Entries are limited to one essay per student each semester.
Spring: October 15th
Fall: June 15th
Ann Rogers was the Director of Social Studies for the Texas Education Agency for ten years. She spent her years in that position championing the needs of social studies teachers across the state of Texas. This scholarship was created to honor Ann Rogers and her vision of the teaching of social studies in Texas.
- For a student teacher, doing his/her student teaching in social studies in the state of Texas.
- $1,000.00 scholarship paid directly to the student.
Deadline: February 15, 2017
At MyParentingJournal.com, we strongly believe in a healthy relationship between parents and their children. And we also believe in the power of giving back to the community in a way that can make people’s lives better.
- Students studying in universities and colleges.
- If you are below 18 years old, or if you’re still in high school, make sure you have the consent of your parents or legal guardians first before entering the program.
- Studying and learning in majors related to family studies and human development is a plus point.
Deadline: April 15, 2017
VeteranAid.org, the leading online resource for information on veterans’ Aid & Attendance pension benefit, is proud to announce our second annual scholarship for advancement in higher education. This is a general scholarship which will award each of the selected applicants with a scholarship award of $2,000. This scholarship will be awarded to students enrolled in an accredited certificate program, college or university during the academic year.
- The annual scholarship award is to three (3) students enrolled in a certificate program, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Recipients will be notified January 31, 2018
We are delighted to provide assistance through our Civil Service/Political Science/ History Scholarship for active duty and veteran students continuing their education. Upon the contest’s completion, one applicant will be selected as recipients of a scholarship of $1,000.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the U.S., for completion of undergraduate degree in Political Science, History, or equivalent.
- Current Active Duty members and their dependents or any Veteran and their direct descendants (children, grandchildren, etc)
Deadline: December 31, 2017
As a way to say “thank you” to our US military veterans who have sacrificed years of their lives to serve this country, the Kronzek Firm is proud to announce the Operation: Veteran Education Scholarship, worth $1,000.
- Be accepted into or currently attending an accredited college or university (including technical schools)
- Be able to provide a copy of your DD-214, NAVPERS form or WD AGO to prove you are a veteran who was Honorably Discharged, received an Entry Level Separation or received a Clemency Discharge with a Certificate of Completion, or are otherwise in good standing with the military.
Deadline: November 1
In recognition of the bravery and dedication of our troops, the law offices of Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough are proud to create our first-ever Scholarship for Military Veterans.
- You have served in the United States armed forces or reserves (any branch).
- You are either accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States.
- You have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your completed application, and your essay using the online form.
Deadline: May 1, 2018
The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards a $1,000 Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship each year to one deserving applicant whose parent has a service-connected disability.
- The legal child (natural or adoptive) of a disabled veteran of any branch of U.S. military service who is either a:
- U.S. high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. or
- U.S. student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate degree program, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
- already be enrolled as a full time student, with relevant student visa in national passport, and plan to continue studying full time in the following academic year;
- not hold US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
Application open: September 15 until January 15
Though great strides have been made in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, also called STEM, these fields still remain largely dominated by men. At MedOnTheGo.com we believe that more women should be encouraged and inspired to work in the STEM fields for Holistic Advancement and Greater Good of our Society.
- Be currently studying or planning to study a STEM-related field,
- Have a lifestyle and mindset focused on innovation, And
- Be able to describe or demonstrate ways you have used innovation to better your own life and the Lives of those around you.
- Be currently attending or be accepted into an accredited post-secondary school;
- Have a 3.0 GPA; And
- Submit a copy of your transcript, complete our online application and submit an essay on one of the topics below.
- Fall Semester: June 1, 2018
- Spring Semester: December 1, 2018
In 1960, the Alliance for Women in Media became the first professional broadcasting organization to establish an educational foundation. Our mission is to utilize the media to create positive change. The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation supports educational programs, charitable activities, public service campaigns and scholarships to benefit the public, the media and allied fields.
- 1. Candidate must have completed 75 hours of college course work by December 2016.
- 2. Candidate may be male or female.
- 3. An overall grade point average of 3.25 or 3.0 in declared major course work is required (based on a 4.0 scale).
- 4. Candidate must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12 hours per semester) with a declared major in radio, television, film, public relations, advertising/communications or broadcasting.
Deadline: March 19, 2017