The Psychology Internship program is designed to provide students with opportunities to work in real-world settings, to see first-hand the application of psychological knowledge, and to explore potential career paths.
Academic Internships can fulfill the capstone requirement or can be completed as elective credit.
Reserve a spot with an internship faculty mentor during course registration the PRIOR semester. [Students who do not reserve a spot on time are not guaranteed an internship for the next semester.]
Your complete application (below) must be submitted by December 1 (for Spring internships or May 1 (for Summer or Fall internships).
- A Guide for Students Interested in Psychology Internships
- Steps to Securing Academic Internships in Psychology
- Criteria for Internship Sites
Past Psychology Internship Sites
- Austin Fire Department Wellness Center
- Austin State Hospital
- Behavioral Health Center (Killeen)
- CASA of Red River (Wichita Falls)
- Central Texas Treatment Center (Granger)
- Georgetown Child & Family Counseling Center
- Halcyon Home (Austin)
- Cy-Hope Counseling (Cypress)
- HOPE Community Services (Oklahoma City)
- Learning Foundations (San Antonio)
- LifeWorks (Austin)
- The Caring Place (Georgetown)
- The Christi Center (Austin)
- The Nest Empowerment Center (Georgetown)
- Williamson County Juvenile Services (Round Rock)