How to Apply
Applying to medical, dental, veterinary, or allied-health schools is an intricate process. It is important that you plan ahead and meet with a pre-med advisor to ensure you are making progress toward your goal.
Applying to medical school usually takes place during your junior year. Prior to this, you will have spent time planning, acquiring knowledge from foundational courses that are part of the prerequisites for your particular field(s) of interest, and expanding your academic portfolio by participating in high-impact experiences, such as shadowing. The Center for Career and Professional Development page has a wealth of information and valuable resources to help you in the process.
- Southwestern’s Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD)
- American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS)
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)
- Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS)