August 25, 2022
Group visits are offered on select days at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday). Please note that group visits are extremely limited mid-May to early September due to limited number of Student Ambassador tour guides. The visit lasts between 75-90 minutes and includes the following:
- A campus tour (both guided and self-guided options available, depending on the size of the group)
- A 30-minute Information Session of your choice:
1) The Southwestern Experience – Highlighting Southwestern’s academic, admission and financial aid ideologies.
2) Finding the Right Fit: Tips for the College Search Process – Outlining how to be effective in finding the right type of higher education for you.
On-campus dining must be requested in advance and will be at the expense of the visiting group. We can provide the group with contact information for our food service provider, if needed.
Southwestern University can host a group of up to 50 students.
Our expectations for guided group tours are as follows:
- All visiting students must be of high-school age and have a serious desire to tour our campus; we cannot accommodate groups of elementary or middle school students
- One adult chaperone is required for every 10 students
- Students should speak in an appropriate tone for a business environment when arriving on campus. During the presentation and tour, it is expected that all electronics, (e.g., cell phones, tablets, iPads, etc.) are turned off and that ear buds/earphones are removed at all times
- During the campus tour, students should give full attention and respect to the tour guide and presenter
- Visitors should stay together as a group. Wandering off without permission is not permitted
- Chaperones are expected to assist with compliance of Southwestern visit policies
- Groups who abuse Southwestern’s policies may not be welcomed back for future visits
Note: If you choose the self-guided tour option, please remember that you will be bringing your students into an academic environment. We expect all groups to be respectful and considerate of our students, staff, and faculty who live and work on our campus. Because we have classes in session in all of our buildings, we ask that you do not enter any building on campus except for the McCombs Campus Center. Groups who do not adhere to these guidelines or are disruptive to the learning environment will not be allowed to return to campus.
Group tours are not available during midterms, finals, holidays, and Spring/Fall Break. Additionally, we are unable to accommodate any groups on weekends. Summer availability is also limited (May-August).
We ask that all group visit requests be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for processing. Your visit request is not approved until you receive notice from our office.