Southwestern University 2018 Summer Conference Assistant
The Summer Conference Assistant serves in the Department of University Events and reports directly to the Associate Director of University Events. This position provides general administrative and physical support to the Associate Director and Director of University Events. The position requires approximately 30-50 hour workweeks. The Summer Conference Assistant is paid an hourly rate of $8/hour, is provided room and board, and is required to live on campus while conferences are in session. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check process. EOE/M/F
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This period of employment begins approx. May 29 and shall end approx. July 31. At the discretion of the Associate Director of University Events, this schedule may vary due to conference changes. Working days, evenings and weekends is required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. Applicants cannot be enrolled in Summer II Term, committed to an internship position or be otherwise employed.
- Applicants must be enrolled at SU for the upcoming fall semester and cannot be enrolled in Summer II Term.
- Demonstrate initiative, motivation, maturity, self-reliance, responsibility, and have a high energy level.
- Possess excellent interaction and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Perform check-ins and check-outs for all conference participants (inspect rooms, distribute/collect keys, prepare and process registration forms, etc.).
- Prepare residence halls for incoming and outgoing conferences.
- Maintain adequate record keeping for each conference including but not limited to residence hall room inventories, key inventories, damage reports, financial reports, planning documents, and conference summaries, etc.
- Communicate directly with various campus offices (e.g. Physical Plant, University Police, Sodexo, Audiovisual) to coordinate services and facility needs.
- Check meeting room set-ups when audiovisual equipment, tables, chairs, etc. have been requested.
- Participate in all Summer Conference department’s meetings and lead when appropriate.
- Anticipate conference needs and problems; take or recommend actions as appropriate.
- Meet with Associate Director and conference directors as necessary to determine conference needs.
- Attend Summer Conference and training sessions.
- Staff the University Events Office during scheduled hours to maintain on-call hours as assigned by the Associate Director of University Events.
- Proctor facilities when necessary
Application and resume are DUE in the University Events Office (Alumni Office; 2nd Floor Cullen Bldg.)
by 5 p.m. Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Feel free to e-mail your application and resume to email@example.com.