Digital Media Coordinator
Closed: When Filled
Southwestern University, located in Georgetown has an immediate opening for a Digital Media Coordinator. The Digital Media Coordinator position builds and manages Southwestern’s social media presence. Oversees all Southwestern digital signage, and assists with southwestern.edu web maintenance. This is a full-time, fully benefited, exempt position who reports to the Senior Director for Integrated Communication & Marketing.
- Build and manage Southwestern’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and potentially additional channels.
- Work closely with the MarCom team to ensure social media efforts align with current integrated marketing and communications campaigns.
- Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities.
- Generate social media analytics and make recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct social media listening and provide daily reports to leadership.
- Ability to respond appropriately and provide feedback to university social media followers.
- Provide social coverage of live events.
- Manage social media ads for our internal partners.
- Oversee social media project workflow to meet deadlines.
- Oversee social media interns.
- Manage digital signage on Southwestern’s campus. This includes creating and implementing content plans and serving as the digital signage contact for campus.
- Work with the digital asset manager and others on the MarCom team to make small web updates. This includes adding stories to the newsroom, updating department pages, managing faculty and staff profiles, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, digital marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing official brand accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, developing creative digital content in a fast-paced environment, and expert-level proficiencies in Adobe Creative Suites, especially Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values.
- Knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community.
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce reliable work product.
- Ability and willingness to travel utilizing standard, commercial, and/or personal modes of transportation.
- Understanding and commitment to a liberal arts education, including the ability to relate to a liberal arts faculty.
- Reliable and maintain a regular work schedule.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment with or without accommodations.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, under graduate tuition assistance for yourself and your dependents, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/134997. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the name and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an E-Verify employer. EOE/M/F
Inclusion is the deliberate effort to create an environment in which people from all backgrounds* are not only included but welcomed, valued, respected, considered, and supported within our community. People from marginalized (i.e., devalued) and/or minoritized (i.e, underrepresented) groups are heard, seen, respected and accepted in all aspects of our community. Southwestern University is committed to inclusive excellence that provides access and support, enables participation, and removes barriers so that all people within our community are empowered and can thrive in a campus that is welcoming and validating.
*including but not limited to people of color (race, ethnicity, nationality), sex, sexual identity, gender identity, age, physical and mental disabilities, socioeconomic status, religion, immigrants, and the intersection of these identities.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report— Southwestern University Annual Safety and Fire Report is available online at https://www.southwestern.edu/life-at-southwestern/safety-security/annual-security-reports/ containing mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, required statistics, and other related information for the past three calendar years. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please call 512-863-1435.