Logistical Service Assistant
Closed: when filled
Southwestern University is currently accepting applications for a Logistical Services Assistant position for immediate hire. The Logistical Services Assistant is responsible for moving equipment, furniture, boxes, and miscellaneous articles of various types throughout the campus and support the sets-up of various internal and/or external events held on and off campus. This is a year-round, full-time, benefited position.
- Move and relocate furniture, surveyed equipment, computers, boxes, lawn furniture,
- Set up and prepare tables, chairs, stages, and podiums for events on and off
- Set up activities include erecting tents, putting up the pipe and drape configurations, helping with audio- visual equipment, hanging signs, placing decorations, setting out materials such as program books and putting together buffet tables.
- Inventory and examine rental items after events to ensure they are returned without incidents or liability.
- Review event layouts/diagrams to ensure proper placement of
- Complete Work Orders as required.
- Coordinate and approve resources on the University’s scheduling
- Provide support to supervisor for summer residential furniture moves.
- Gives guidance/work with students, faculty and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful applicant will meet the following job requirements: Possess a high school diploma or GED; possess a thorough knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in events set ups; ability to read and understand event diagrams to determine coordinated plan, calendar schedules, meeting arrangements, and other related activities; demonstrated prior experience using computer and possess email and word processing software skills; ability to perform events set ups according to accepted practices; ability to perform work which requires physical strength and agility; knowledge of and ability to operate dollies, moving equipment and trucks; knowledge of and ability to use different hand tools such as hammers, pliers, screw drivers and wrenches; possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality; ability to lift and handle up to 50 lbs.; ability to work under limited supervision; have a stable work history and ability to provide work-related references; possess a valid Texas driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
Applications may be obtained from our website: www.southwestern.edu/human-resources/job-opportunities/ and returned to Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX or emailed to email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please no third party submissions, such as Indeed, Glassdoor or Monster. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F