Building Maintenance Technician
Closed: when filled
Southwestern University is currently accepting applications for a Building Maintenance Technician, which is available for immediate hire. This position performs duties in the maintenance, construction and repair of assigned campus facilities, to include general HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, carpentry, and other building maintenance related functions. This is a full-time, benefited position with a Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm schedule.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to work orders and radio dispatches to make necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintain, repair, and clean campus facilities, shops, mechanical areas, and exterior grounds.
- Assist in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs; report major problems to the supervisor, manager or appropriate skilled trades technician.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on all assigned equipment and facilities.
- Perform basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned; contact supervisors, skilled trade technicians or on-call personnel as instructed or needed.
- Operate electrical, battery and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Adhere to all safety standards and work practices established by the University.
Successful applicants will meet the following job requirements: high school diploma or GED; possess general building maintenance skills (2 years minimum), basic knowledge and technical skills required for the repair and maintenance of plumbing, heating and electrical and mechanical systems; possess a valid Texas driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles and record meets standards of the University’s insurance carrier; possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality; possess characteristics of honesty and dependability; ability to understand and willingly comply with the University’s safety regulations and safety related programs; ability to lift and handle up to 50 lbs; ability to work off of ladders; ability to exercise flexibility regarding changing priorities; ability to follow and carry out work assignments in a timely manner; ability to work both independently, without close supervision, and also as a member of a team; ability and willingness to work longer hours when emergencies arise and deadlines must be met. It is preferred that the applicants have prior experience in a maintenance assistant or similar position.
Applications may be obtained from our website: www.southwestern.edu/human-resources/job-opportunities/ and returned to Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no third-party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F