Closed: when filled
Southwestern University is accepting applications for an Electrician, Job #947, which is available for immediate hire. This full-time, benefited position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, circuits, and appliances on campus as per latest NEC and City of Georgetown Code. The work schedule will be from 7:30am. to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using necessary hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments.
- Assist in performing preventive maintenance.
- Assist in fire alarm testing and troubleshooting.
- Repair and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- Provide support to other crafts when needed.
- Adhere to all safety standards and work practices established by the University.
- Repair and troubleshoot kitchen equipment.
Successful applicants will meet the following job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED;
- Minimum of five years of experience in electrical trade environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Possess a Journeyman or Master’s license.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess characteristics of honesty and dependability.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, and occasional overtime when needed.
- Ability to participate with an on-call program.
- Ability to understand and willingly comply with the University’s safety regulations and safety related programs.
- Ability to exercise flexibility regarding changing priorities.
- Ability to follow and carry out work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to work both independently, without close supervision, and also as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Ability to lift and handle up to 50 lbs;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five plus years of experience in an electrical trade environment.
- Excellent computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in fire and security alarm troubleshooting and installation.
- Possess HVAC experience.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our website at www.southwestern.edu.
Applications may be obtained from Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX, or resumes may be emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to: (512)863-1880. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no third-party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F