Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst
Closed: when filled
Southwestern University, located in Georgetown, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst in its Human Resources department. This position serves as the primary gatekeeper for all Human Resources data, plans and develops analyses, and reports for University management. This position also serves as the HR representative on web and technology matters and maintains the HR website. This is a full-time, twelve-month, staff position with full benefits.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and develops analyses, reports, and presentations in collaboration with the AVPHR, VP Finance and Administration, or other management staff as requested.
- Serves as the HR department’s technical point-of-contact for all employee-related data housed on the University’s mainframe system (Ellucian Colleague). Collaborates extensively with the Administrative Computing staff (programmers, support specialists) to ensure data integrity, plans/develops/tests system changes (for example, due to legislative mandates, changes to benefit eligibility parameters, changes to internal policies, etc.), analyzes/improves data flows, etc.
- Analyzes employment related data to develop and maintain management “dashboards”.
- Coordinates the Position Control system for all faculty and staff positions.
- Coordinates the annual Salary Review Process for the University.
- Compiles data for staff and benefit sections of IPEDS and AAUP surveys; completes CUPAHR Administrative Salary Survey, CUPAHR Professional Salary Survey, CUPAHR Non-Exempt Salary Survey, Texas Workforce Commission Occupational Employment Survey, EEO, and other surveys as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related HRIS experience OR a minimum of ten years related experience in a Human Resources Information Systems Analyst, Technical support, or HR Generalist position.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of computer software programs including Microsoft Suite (especially Excel), Google Suite, organizational chart software (such as Org Plus), Adobe Acrobat, and FileZilla.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced features in Excel to retrieve, analyze and generate management reports.
- Experience collaborating using Google Suite (especially GoogleSheet, GoogleDoc, GoogleDrive)
- Extensive knowledge, understanding, and use of mainframe systems (such as Ellucian Colleague).
- Strong understanding of HR policies, processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, benefit procedures, regulatory requirements, policy interpretation and application, etc.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative measurement and data collection design principles to analyze and improve processes.
- Outstanding analytical and critical evaluation skills with a keen attention to detail to produce accurate reports and analyses. Ability to compare data from different sources to draw conclusions and develop appropriate solutions.
- Strong project management skills, outstanding attention to detail, ability to prioritize projects, and excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with and willingness to learn web page maintenance using HTML, Google Sites and Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Live Whale.
- Ability to easily collaborate with the HR team, senior management, and other colleagues across campus (excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor).
- Possess a very high level of patience coupled with a passion for problem-solving and delivering accurate data for management’s decision-making.
Preferred Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and five + years of experience in a Human Resources Information Systems Analyst or Technical support position.
- Prior experience in higher education, education-related, or other non-profit organization.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and/or Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Extensive knowledge of Ellucian/Colleague.
- Two or more years of project management experience.
- Two or more years of Human Resources Generalist experience, including benefits administration and survey completion.
- Experience with web page maintenance using HTML, Google Sites and Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Live Whale.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/104585. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F