Title IX Coordinator/Officer
Closed: when filled
Southwestern University, located in Georgetown, has an immediate opening for a Title IX Coordinator/Officer in its Finance and Administration Department. This position oversees, facilitates, manages and coordinates federal, state, local and University policies and procedures related to Title IX compliance. This position also helps to strengthen a culture that supports a safe and respectful learning, working and living environment. This is an in-person, full-time, twelve-month position with full benefits.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the University’s compliance with Title IX, the Jeanne Clery Act, VAWA, Campus SaVe Act and all other federal and state non-discrimination requirements.
- Coordinates the daily responsibilities associated with conducting investigations into incidents of sexual misconduct. Responds to reports of sexual misconduct involving any member of the university community (faculty, staff, students).
- Conducts prompt, thorough, equitable and impartial administrative investigations, which includes developing an investigative plan grievances and incident reports; contacting and interviewing all involved parties and providing them with information about the investigatory process; collecting and assessing all relevant information; ensuring a well-documented investigation process; analyzing information and working with the appropriate University offices during the course of investigations; and maintaining accurate and thorough investigatory files and reports.
- Oversees campus communication and educates constitutes regarding Title IX and the procedures for filing complaints alleging sexual violence.
- Leads the University’s education, training, preventions, and outreach efforts related to Title IX and sexual misconduct.
- Develops policies and procedures and proposed revisions to existing policies and procedures related to Title IX and sexual misconduct.
- Manages and records all Title IX discrimination complaints, investigations, and outcomes.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Subcommittee of the Title IX Compliance Committee (VP for Student Life, Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Sexual Harassment Officer and other appropriate campus staff).
- Serve as the Chair of the Title IX Compliance Committee and develops the Title IX Annual Report.
- Remains knowledgeable of current state and federal law and regulations and trends in the field of education related to sexual misconduct and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX.
- Maintains documentation of training and educational programs related to compliance with Title IX related programs and provides certification as required by state and federal agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education administration, human resource management or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in human resources employee relations and student conduct.
- Knowledge and experience of current state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to prevention and elimination of discrimination and harassment in compliance with Title IX, Title VII, Clery Act, and VAWA.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including strong work ethic.
- Investigatory experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with various campus representatives.
- Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values.
- Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community.
- Ability to attend work consistently and maintain a regular work schedule.
Preferred Position Requirements:
- Master’s degree or J.D.
- Prior experience as a Title IX Coordinator in a higher education setting.
- Prior experience as a lead investigator and skilled in effective investigation techniques, compiling, analyzing, and reporting statistical data.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/100805. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the names and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F