Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University invites applications for the position of Plumber. This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of domestic and commercial plumbing systems, waste lines and plumbing fixtures per IPC, State and local codes throughout campus. This position performs duties in the maintenance, construction and repair of assigned campus facilities, to include general HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, carpentry, and other building maintenance related functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize CMMS (SchoolDude) to create, view, annotate, and complete assigned work orders daily using a personal mobile device or University assigned mobile device.
- Respond to work orders and radio dispatches to make necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Help determine manpower, material needs, and deadlines for jobs and projects.
- Assist in making decisions on all repairs and reports major problems to the Supervisor of Electro-Mechanical Services.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on all assigned equipment and facilities.
- Perform basic maintenance duties and repair as assigned; contact supervisors, skilled trade technicians or on-call personnel as instructed or needed.
- Assist in the design and specifications of planned jobs and/or contracts.
- Assist in performing preventive maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- State of Texas Master’s plumber’s license
- Thorough knowledge of installation and repair of plumbing systems using the International Plumbing Code and State and Local Ordinances.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a plumber with experience in new construction, remodeling and all types of plumbing repair.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and plumbing schematics.
- Ability to cut, thread, solder, braze, and weld pipe.
- Ability to read and understand shop and service manuals.
- Possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess characteristics of honesty and dependability.
- Associates Degree in building maintenance related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a plumber.
- TCEQ-licensed tester for backflow prevention assemblies.
- *Possess a valid Texas driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
*This is a requirement for individuals in a position that requires driving on a regular basis, including golf carts and other University vehicles.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our website at www.southwestern.edu.
Applications may be obtained from our website: www.southwestern.edu/human-resources/job-opportunities/ and returned to Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no third-party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F