Part-time Medical Assistant
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University invites applications for a temporary part-time Medical Assistant position. This position provides support for the Counseling and Health Center, including staff in the Health and Counseling Services Departments. The medical assistant will work with the Southwestern University Health Center to administer the COVID-19 surveillance testing program. This position will assist students in registering their test kits, collecting their samples, and prepare the samples for shipment. The Medical Assistant will not be collecting samples from symptomatic patients or close contacts. This is a part-time temporary position working up to 29 hours per week for the spring semester.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates caring and compassionate customer service to all patients.
- Performs as a member of the health care team, maintaining flexibility in a changing environment, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner to ensure patient records and spreadsheets are current and complete.
- Maintains a clean and functional work environment and disinfects between patients.
- Tracks test kits and reports results.
- Monitors inventory.
- Follows standard precautions and complies with University and regulatory policies.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA laws.
- Additional clinical, clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduation from a medical assistant program or 2 years healthcare experience
- Professional appearance
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use computers, including electronic medical records and Google suite.
- Possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality, particularly with medical/health care information.
Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. The University is affiliated with The United Methodist Church with an endowment that ranks among the highest per student of undergraduate institutions in the country. Southwestern is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/82147. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the name and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F