Pirate Precautions: Random Testing
September 17, 2020
September 17, 2020
In continuing to support the health of our campus, the University is starting weekly randomized COVID-19 testing the week of September 21. The testing will include students, faculty, and staff.
Here’s how it will work:
- Number of Tests: Fifty members of the Southwestern community, including students, faculty, and staff, will be tested each week.
- Start Date: Testing will begin next week (September 21).
- Student Testing Scheduling: Students will be identified and contacted for testing each Friday prior to the scheduled week of testing. Selected students will receive an email asking them to self-schedule their testing time using the provided link to the patient portal.
- Faculty and Staff Testing Scheduling: Human Resources will identify, at random, faculty and staff for testing during the upcoming week. Selected faculty and staff will receive an email asking them to call the Health Center to schedule their test in the upcoming week.
- Testing Process: Everyone who is required to be tested will report to the Health Center at their designated date/time. A staff member will be present to oversee the entire testing process. Please remember to bring your phone to your appointment.
- Tracking: Health Center staff will record who arrives for their test as well as track and ship all testing samples to the laboratory.
- Getting Your Results - Students: Students will be notified of their results directly from the testing laboratory. The Health Center will be notified of any positive tests and take appropriate action to ensure the student is immediately assigned to isolation.
- Getting Your Results - Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff will be notified of their results directly from the testing laboratory. HR will receive faculty and staff results and will contact those with positive test results to guide them through the process of isolating at home.
If you have any questions, please contact the Health Center at 512.863.1252.