Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of a Cold or Flu Virus
Cold and Flu season is still upon us! Now more than ever, it is important to adhere to the general guidelines for preventing the spread of viral infections. If you have fever, chills or sweats, you are probably contagious and should avoid going to class and other group activities until you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
General guidelines for preventing the spread of a cold or flu virus:
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Stay home if you are sick, and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Do not share food, drinks, cigarettes or vaping devices with others.
- Clean and disinfect commonly-touched objects and surfaces, such as desks and door handles.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash immediately.