Special Collections Seeks Alumni Treasures
We collect analog and born digital formats including photographs, audio and
film/video formats, oral histories, maps, illustrations and art, and artifacts and ephemeral materials.
Items that we are currently seeking include:
- Freshman beanies, especially when accompanied by information about the person who owned the item.
- University, departmental, or student publications.
- Copies of the The Senior and the Southwestern Bulletin Newspaper in good condition (suitable for digitizing).
- Any documentation of the Fitting School.
- Photographs of people and places on campus, especially when the subjects are identified. Of particular interest are pre-1970 photographs of building interiors (such as classrooms and auditoriums) and early 20th-Century panoramic photographs of the campus community.
- Photographs and artifacts related to the Athletic Program, especially early Athletic Programs like football.
- Invitations to and programs for University events - including lectures, performances, convocations, commencements, picnics, unveilings, and sporting events.
- Official University Christmas / holiday cards.
- Select historical artifacts such as school pennants and class rings.
- Artifacts and photographs related to the Student Army Training Corps and the V-12 Unit.
- Diaries of students, staff, and faculty prior to 1950.
- Postcards of the campus and buildings.
- Photographic materials documenting Georgetown, Williamson County, or surrounding communities, especially those dating prior to 1950.
The Head of Special Collections & Archives would like to talk with individuals who may be willing to donate records, memorabilia, photographs, or other items that relate to the history of Rutersville College, Wesleyan College, McKenzie College, and Soule University.
Please contact Megan Firestone at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.