May 24, 2019
Click the links to see the recordings of our various Sprog sessions:
- Shaping Your SU Experience (Dr. Jennifer Leach, Advising & Retention) - video
(14:19) This session provides an academic overview for new Pirates and their families. Topics include: Paideia, degree requirements, academic advising, how to be successful at SU, FERPA, and Parent/Family Support.
- Curriculum Review (Dr. Jennifer Leach, Advising & Retention) - video
(17:17) This session takes an in-depth look at degree requirements.Topics include: registration, dual credit/transfer credit, foreign language, and pathways to success. Part of this session also focuses on degree requirements for students interested in the Natural Sciences and/or Pre-Health/Pre-Med tracks.
- Transition Tips for Your Pirate Family (Grace Josey Pyka, Alumni & Parent Relations) - video
(29:08) This session covers the essentials for New Pirates and their families. Topics include: staying connected to Southwestern, housing, meal plans, academic support, health services, campus safety, and student life.
- Business Office & Financial Aid (James Gaeta, Financial Aid & Brenda Thompson, Business Office) - video
(33:30) This session covers the ins and outs of financial aid and billing. Topics include: accessing information online, parent access to student information, billing, payment policies, and insurance.
- Center for Career & Professional Development (Daniel Orozco, CCPD) - video
(6:58) This session shares the services provided by the Center for Career & Professional Development. Topics include: services offered, career advisement, high-impact practices, career treks, and parent partnerships.