We realize not all of our incoming students can attend one of our on-campus Sprog Orientations. If you are participating in our e-Sprog experience, we want to make sure you get the same information as students who attend our on-campus programs. Below you will find links to recordings of our various Sprog sessions.
May 24, 2019
Click the links to see the recordings of our various Sprog sessions:
Parent Welcome (Grace Josey Pyka, Parent Relations) and Navigating Online Resources for Parents (Jennifer O’Daniel, Administrative Computing) video
The Office of Parent Relations will welcome you and provide context for the events happening for the next two days.
Get a quick tour of the various virtual systems that you and your Pirate will be using while at SU.
- Shaping Your SU Experience (Dr. Jennifer Leach, Advising & Retention) - video slides
This session provides an academic overview for new Pirates and their families. Topics include: Paideia, degree requirements, academic advising, how to be successful at SU, FERPA, and Parent/Family Support.
- Transition Tips for Your Pirate Family (Grace Josey Pyka, Parent Relations) - video
Get the details you need to prepare for your Pirate’s move to SU. Representatives from Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Dining Services will be presenting the most critical information you need to know now and answering your questions.
- Academic Accommodations (Lou Djurdjevic, Academic Success) - video
Your student may be eligible to receive accommodations based on the nature and functional limitations of a documented disability. Learn more about the process at this session.
- Panel with Professors - video
Faculty will answer questions about curriculum, majors/minors, and high impact experiences available through their departments.
- Business Office & Financial Aid (James Gaeta, Financial Aid & Loretta Waclawczyk and Susan Moore, Business Office) - video
This session covers the ins and outs of financial aid and billing. Topics include: accessing information online, parent access to student information, billing, payment policies, and insurance.
- Tales & Traditions (April Hampton Perez, University Relations) - video
As the first institution of higher education in the state of Texas, Southwestern has a rich and colorful history! Enjoy this fascinating tale of how a pioneer’s dream became a first-class national liberal arts university!
- Current Parent Panel (Grace Josey Pyka, Parent Relations) - video
Hear from parents about the changing dynamic as a parent of an emerging adult, and how to navigate this transition as a family.