Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University is currently accepting applications for a Night Custodian II position, Job #937. The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 5:30 pm – 2:30 am. This position is a full-time, benefited position with responsibilities to include:
- Maintain any and all buildings and assignments related to the University as assigned by the Supervisor of Custodial Services either directly or through a Lead Custodian.
- Perform special projects such as cleaning windows, hardscape, mold remediation, and care of floors and walls.
- Help coordinate cleaning activities within assigned area, especially for summer and special projects.
- Maintain any and all buildings and assignments related to the University as directed by the department.
- May be called on to perform same duties normally assigned to Custodian I.
- Safeguard keys and University property.
- Move heavy furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment as directed.
- Observe and report, through the work order system, any and all defects, deterioration, and wear and tear on the facilities.
- Assist Supervisor in the ordering, distribution, and security of custodial equipment and supplies.
- Inspect and maintain equipment used and determine needs for repairs before and after use.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisor, staff, and occupants of assigned buildings.
- Participate in safety training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will meet the following job requirements:
- Three years of experience in a custodial or other related environment.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning practices and the use of custodial chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess characteristics of honesty and dependability.
- Ability to understand and willingly comply with the University’s safety regulations and safety related programs.
- Ability to exercise flexibility regarding changing priorities.
- Ability to follow and carry out work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Ability to work both independently, without close supervision, and also as a member of a team.
- More than three years of custodial experience.
- Previous experience using power equipment for cleaning floors.
Applications may be obtained from Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX or resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to: (512) 863-1880. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no third party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F