Social Media Internship
March 17, 2021
- Rawpixel.com | Shutterstock.com
The intern will work directly with the marketing and enrollment teams to strategize, craft and execute content for all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Applicants should have a strong level of experience with these channels, a demonstrated writing ability, organizational skills, the ability to work both as part of a team and solo, and creativity to spare.
- Collaborate with the enrollment team and the Marketing and Communication staff to gain an understanding of how and what we communicate to reach our primary audiences (prospective students/parents, alumni, and the on-campus community).
- Conceptualize, create and publish daily content (combining both original text and images as well as text, images and videos provided by Marketing and Communication team) that enhances affinity for Southwestern, shares stories of our community’s successes, builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement.
- Employ innovative tactics to grow the audiences of each of the main college social media accounts.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Office of Enrollment, which includes seeking out story ideas for social media as well as the website, encouraging members of the community utilizing social media to connect with the Enrollment Office.
- Work with the Marketing and Communication liaison to create and implement campaign.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands.
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas.
Summer 2021 Social Media Intern
- Interns are required to work remotely 8 hours per week and will be paid $10 per hour.
- Dates of Work: May 10–Aug 22, 2020 (flexible on start and end dates)
2021-22 Academic Year Social Media Intern
- Interns are required to work 10 hours per week and will be paid $10 per hour.
- Start Work Date: TBD date this Fall
Please contact Dinah Ritchie at email@example.com if you have further questions.