Associate Director of Admission
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University invites applications for an Associate Director of Admission position. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating all individual/group campus visits for Southwestern University, including Pirate Previews, Top Scholars Weekend, and other similar admission-related events, as well as the SHARP organization and Ambassador program. Additionally, this position works both directly and indirectly in the recruitment of prospective students for Southwestern University and helps families navigate the college admission process. This is a full-time, year around position reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Services.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execute, manage, evaluate and improve on-campus and daily visitation programs that effectively communicate the value of Southwestern University to prospective students/families and serve to support institutional enrollment goals. This includes staffing, room reservations, logistics, meal planning, programming and scheduling.
- Oversee communication to all campus visit guests as needed to provide the best possible visit experience.
- Manage the campus visit section of the customer relationship management system. Continuously improve and refine visit scheduling and communication process.
- Develop and implement comprehensive assessment plan for visitation program.
- Maintain extensive data on visitor numbers, behavior and populations using CRM tool.
- Regularly observe and assess tours and information sessions conducted by Office of Admissions and departmental partners. Arrange training and professional development for effective presentations.
- Communicate with internal university constituents to arrange their participation in visit activities and resolves scheduling conflicts as they arise during the visit process.
- Train, implement, and supervise the professional development aspects of the Student Ambassador program.
- Supervise train, mentor, and evaluate the work of SHARP Coordinators and build Pirate Host program.
- Schedules group visits to the University, including secondary school districts and community organizations.
- Communicate any necessary information with visiting organizations.
- Read and evaluate applications and provide input for student candidate selection process.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all phases of travel within an assigned geographic area for visiting high schools and attending college fair programs and representing Southwestern University to students, parents, counselors, teachers and administrators. This is approximately 10% of job function
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and engage in receptions or other promotional programs within an assigned geographic area for prospective students, parents and high school personnel to present the mission of Southwestern University.
- Conduct scholarship and admission interviews with prospective students.
- Nurture, build, and sustain ongoing professional relationships with prospective students and those who influence them to achieve assigned enrollment management objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, from a liberal arts & sciences institution.
- 5 years of experience in an undergraduate admission office, preferably at another national liberal arts college.
- Availability and willingness to consistently attend work and maintain a regular work schedule. Also, enthusiastically and frequently work evenings, partial weekends, and campus visit programs, as needed for success. These busy times may occur several months per year.
- Desire to build pallet of experience by taking on supplemental responsibilities as needed within the office.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage time, activity, and spending, staying focused on accomplishment of objectives.
- Self-starter, who is calm under pressure, is flexible, meets deadlines, works without direct supervision, is able to multi-task, problem-solve, and relate to a variety of personalities under diverse circumstances.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and interaction skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, decision-making, reading, analyzation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of software such as Microsoft Suite, Adobe products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values.
- Understanding of and commitment to a liberal arts education, including the ability to relate to a liberal arts faculty.
- A team player.
- Ability to lift boxes of at least 25 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Previous experience managing a student staff.
- Extensive knowledge of the University and the programs offered.
- Knowledge of Slate, CRM, a plus
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/61917. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the name and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F