Assistant Director of Admission (2 positions)
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University invites applications for two Assistant Director of Admission positions. This position involves both direct and indirect recruitment of prospective students for Southwestern University and helps families navigate the college admission process. The Assistant Director of Admission recruits students from Texas and several areas throughout the nation. This is a full-time, year around position reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Services. The Assistant Director of Admission will represent Southwestern University to students and families via email, telephone and written forms of communication in addition to college night presentations, information sessions and personal interviews.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Read and evaluate applications and provide input for student candidate selection process.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate all phases of travel within an assigned geographic area for visiting high schools and attending college fair programs and representing. Southwestern University to students, parents, counselors, teachers and administrators. This is approximately 30% of job function.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and engage in receptions or other promotional programs within an assigned geographic area for prospective students, parents and high school personnel to present the mission of Southwestern University.
- Conduct scholarship and admission interviews with prospective students.
- Nurture, build, and sustain ongoing professional relationships with prospective students and those who influence them to achieve assigned enrollment management objectives.
- Serve as a second-reader in the admission committee.
- Maintain a supplemental duty within the office based on needs and candidate experience/expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Liberal Arts institution
- 2 years of experience in an undergraduate admission office, preferably at another national liberal arts institution
- Desire to build pallet of experience by taking on supplemental responsibilities as needed within the office.
- Understanding of and commitment to a liberal arts education, including the ability to relate to a liberal arts faculty.
- Availability and willingness to consistently attend work and maintain a regular work schedule. Also, enthusiastically and frequently work evenings, partial weekends, and campus visit programs, as needed for success. These busy times may occur several months per year.
- Ability and willingness to travel utilizing standard, commercial, and/or personal modes of transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage time, activity and spending while staying focused on accomplishments of objectives.
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities and produce a reliable work product, even in stressful situations.
- Possess outstanding presentation, communication and interaction skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated professional manner with all internal and external University constituencies.
- Excellent organization, decision-making, and reading, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of software in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values.
- Ability to lift boxes of at least 25 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Previous experience managing a student staff.
- Extensive knowledge of the University and the programs offered.
- Knowledge of Slate, CRM, a plus
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/61916. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the name and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F