A Glimpse of the Class of 2021
- Carlos Barron
1. Southwestern expects approximately 363 first-year students and 37 transfer students to enroll in their first semester at Southwestern, Fall 2017.
2. The incoming first-year class comprises a ratio of 55% female students to 45 percent male students and represents 18 states and two foreign countries.
3. The first-year class enters with an average SAT mid 50% range of 1120-1300 and ACT mid 50% range of 23-29. Thirty-eight percent of the class was in the top 10% of their high school graduating class, while 73% were in the top 25% of their high school graduating class.
4. Forty-four percent of the first-year class indicated a tie to at least one underrepresented background.
5. In the coming year, Southwestern expects to extend more than $32 million in institutional scholarship and grant funds to its families.
6. Approximately 75% of all Southwestern students live on campus and 99% of the first-year class.
7. Approximately 30% of Southwestern students pledge social fraternities and sororities.
8. In 2016-2017, the average academic class size at Southwestern was under 15. The four largest academic classes on campus had enrollments of 57, 56, 49, and 49 students respectively. Seventy-one percent of academic classes had enrollments under 20 students.
9. Among first-year students who remain at Southwestern to receive a degree, over 89% do so within four years.