S-STEM Scholarship Program
Qualified students may compete for a merit scholarship worth $10,000 per year. The selected student may receive this award in addition to any general merit scholarships awarded by Southwestern in the admission process.
In addition to receiving the scholarship, recipients will get to participate in the following:
- Career seminars and programming.
- Customized academic advising and on-going professional growth activities.
- Collaborative research opportunities with Southwestern University faculty.
- Incoming transfer students (Spring 2019 only) interested in pursuing majors in computer science, physics, and mathematics are preferred; students interested in chemistry, biochemistry and biology majors are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- All candidates must have a minimum SAT math score of 600 or ACT math score of 26.
- The most successful scholarship applicants will have demonstrated interest in science by their choices of courses, extracurricular activities, and/or professor recommendations.
- Students must have demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
Please Note: Finalists will be invited to meet with the S-STEM scholarship committee prior to the holiday break.
Support for this program is provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S STEM) program under Award No. 1458600.
Step 1: Fully complete a transfer application to Southwestern and submit all supporting documents by December 1.
Step 2: Fill out the form below and upload your Supplemental S-STEM Essay by the same deadlines listed above.