Date & Time1:00pm CDT June 22 - 7:00pm June 23
1:00pm CDT June 22 - 7:00pm June 23
What’s with the funny name?
Well, a Sprog is an obscure nautical reference to a new recruit who has not yet been trained on a ship. As a Sprog, attending a Sprog Orientation event is your first “training” and initial step toward becoming a Southwestern Pirate.
Attending Sprog Orientation is required for all incoming students. During your 2 day virtual experience, you will have the opportunity to cross off some very important to-do items as you get ready for the Southwestern Experience. Plan on joining us online (more details to come) to learn about SU services and resources, meet other Pirates, register for your classes and enjoy the best of Pirate life!
Exact schedule details are forthcoming and will be available on our Sprog Resources page. Your fee is included in the orientation fee, which was collected when you deposited.
If you have not submitted your enrollment deposit, and want to register to attend this event, visit our MyDecision page to officially commit.
Activities will include:
- Learn about the SU curriculum and programs of study
- Register for your first-semester classes
- Engage with Southwestern faculty, staff, and current students
- Meet your future friends and classmates!
- Virtually tour the residence halls
- Learn about your financial aid next steps and important Business Office policies
- Participate in student activities
- Explore social life at SU
- Officially become a Southwestern Pirate!
Southwestern requires all students attend one of our three Sprog Orientation events. If you are unable to attend any of our Sprog events due to unavoidable conflict, please complete this form. A University representative will then be in touch to explore alternate registration options.