Fraternities at SU
Why go Greek?
By joining a fraternity, you will become part of a network that reaches across the globe. Fraternity men at Southwestern University will experience and develop:
- Practical skills to help secure internships and post undergraduate employment
- Social events to meet other Greeks and non-Greeks
- Networking with alumni and University leaders
- Organized intramural leagues
- Community service opportunities
- Academic support and assistance
- Leadership development opportunities
- Lifelong friendships
Did You Know?
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greeks.
- In the past five years, more than 100 colleges and universities have opened their doors for the first time to fraternities.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 executives belong to a Greek organization.
- 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910 were Greek.
- 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a Greek organization. Every U.S. President except eight born since the first social fraternity was founded in 1825 have been members of a fraternity.
- 63% of the U.S. President’s Cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek.
- A U.S. Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/sorority graduate, while under 50% of all non-fraternity/sorority persons graduate.
- Less than 2% of an average college student’s expenses go toward fraternity/sorority dues (U.S. Office of Education).
- Over 85% of the student leaders on some 730 campuses are involved in the Greek community.