Student Foundation maintains a membership of up to 40 students. Current members review membership applications, conduct interviews, and vote to elect new members. The Membership Drive occurs every spring. Any Southwestern student may apply for Student Foundation, although certain criteria must be met.
Criteria for Membership
- Members must be of first-year, sophomore, junior or senior standing during the next academic year.
- Members must maintain a 2.7 grade point average each semester.
- Members must have a genuine commitment to the welfare of the University, leadership potential, effectiveness in meeting people, maturity, responsibility and time to actively participate in the organization’s activities.
The membership drive occurs every fall. There are two member information meetings (one in the Fall and one in the Spring) that interested people may attend to learn details about the organization. Applications are made available in September and February. Each candidate must supply the following to be considered for membership:
- Submit a completed application online, which includes a one-page resume and a one-page personal statement.
- Schedule an interview time (15 minutes each with a five-member Interviewing Committee of current Student Foundation members and adviser).
- A faculty or staff recommendation (including a letter of recommendation) is not required, however it is recommended.
- The Membership Chair facilitates the interview process.
Application For Membership
Applications for membership will be available by accessing our Completed applications are required, including a one-page resume, a one-page personal statement and an optional letter of recommendation from a Southwestern faculty or staff member.