Lois Perkins Chapel
The Lois Perkins Chapel is in the center (heart) of campus for worship, meditation, prayer and quiet reflection.
By virtue of its placement in the center of campus, the Lois Perkins Chapel symbolizes the rich historical and ongoing tie between Southwestern and the United Methodist Church – helping students realize their fullest human potential within an intellectually challenging, nurturing and inclusive community.
Named for Southwestern alumna Lois Perkins, who attended the University from 1908 to 1911, the chapel is built in modern semi-Gothic style. Its impressive stained-glass windows depict leaders of the Protestant Reformation in Europe and American Methodism, as well as seals of the colleges with which those leaders are associated.
The Chapel is open 8am to midnight during the each semester for all to enjoy a peaceful place on campus.