Safety & Security
Southwestern University is committed to promoting a safe and healthy campus living, learning and working environment.
Southwestern University Police Department
The Southwestern University Police Department employs six full-time, state certified police officers who patrol the campus 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week, year-round.
Police officers patrol on foot and in marked vehicles to obtain ultimate visibility for campus safety. Some of the main functions of the police department are:
- Enforcement of local and state laws and University policy
- Crime Prevention programs for the campus community
- Building and residence hall security checks
- Investigations of crimes committed on campus
University Police Contact
The Southwestern University Police Department depends on the campus community to report suspicious activity or crimes that have been committed or are being committed. University Police may be reached on campus by dialing x1944 or “0” for the campus operator, who has contact with the police at all times.
- 911 – Emergency
- 512-863-1944 – Officer on Duty
- 512-863-1944 – Chief of Police