The Grogan & Betty Lord Residential Center is an upper-division coed apartment complex located on the west side of campus. The Lord Center houses approximately 194 residents and student staff members in apartment-style housing.
Each student is provided a private bedroom and bathroom and shares a common living area with a roommate. A full kitchen makes the Lord Center a popular complex on campus. All 6 buildings in the Lord Center are fully furnished. The Sharon Lord Caskey Community Building is located in the Lord Center.
The Community Building contains a TV, DVD player, refrigerator, sink, and a meeting/study area. The Community Building is also home to the chapter rooms of four national sororities.
Dedicated in 1995, the Grogan and Betty Lord Residential Center was made possible by contributions from members of the Lord family toward enrichment of residential life at Southwestern. Grogan Lord served on the Board of Trustees from 1958 until his death in 2007.
The university provides each resident in the Lord Residential Center with:
- A refrigerator
- A dishwasher
- A microwave
- A sofa (77” x 32”)
- An overstuffed chair (32” x 32”)
- A coffee table (42” x 22”)
- An end table (22” x 26”)
- A bed (full size - 81” x 56”)
- A split desk (one half can be used as a nightstand) (79.5” x 24.5”)
- A desk chair
- A 3 drawer chest (29.5” x 24.5”)
- Living room/bedroom/kitchen: 34 1/2” wide x 57 1/2” high
- Nook windows: 21 1/2” wide x 57 1/2”
- Kitchen sink windows: 22 1/2” wide x 33 1/2” tall
Lord Center Staff (’22-’23)
Rebekah, Head RA