Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If yours isn’t answered or you have additional questions about residence life at Southwestern please contact us directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- linens (bed sizes are different for each hall, see your individual residence hall page to find the size)
- personal items
- alarm clock
- computer and charger
- study lamp
- coffee pot
- laundry hamper
- posters, decorations, etc.
- 3M Command Adhesive Strips (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Ruter, Mabee, and Kurth)
- push pins (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Brown-Cody)
- microwave (coordinate with roommate)
- refrigerator (less than 4.3 cubic ft.) (coordinate with roommate)
- pets (except fish in under 10 gallon tank)
- halogen lamps
- candles and incense
- hot plates
- refrigerator larger than 4.3 cubic ft.
- anything with open burner (hot plate, toaster, crock pot, portable grill, etc.)
- extra furniture that the university already provides (university owned
- furniture cannot be removed from room, this includes mattresses)
- wireless routers or wireless access points
Please see your individual residence hall page to see specifics on furniture provided by the University, room layouts, and dimensions.
Washers and dryers are provided in residence halls on campus. Each load is 1.25 to wash and 1.25 to dry and you pay with your Pirate Card.
There is an on-campus residency requirement at Southwestern for students who have had less than four full-time semesters in college. Incoming students must be at least 17 years of age at the time of initial occupancy to live in University housing.