Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If yours isn’t answered or you have additional questions about residence life at Southwestern please contact us directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Those students not on the unlimited meal plan are only able to utilize a meal swipe once during each of the following time periods:Breakfast - 7:30 am - 9:30 amContinental Breakfast - 9:30 am - 10:30 amLunch - 10:30 am - 2:30 pmAfternoon Snack - 2:30 pm - 5:00 pmDinner - 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmIf you wish to eat more than once during these time blocks (and are not on the unlimited plan), you are able to use one meal plan swipe for one entry into the Commons and then utilize your dining dollars/Pirate Buc$ to gain a second entrance.These are the current meal plans offered and their associated costs:Unlimited meals (includes $50 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$ per semester)……………… $6,02815 meals per week (includes $125 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$ per semester) … ……. $5,40012 meals per week (includes $125 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$ per semester) …………$5,184165 block of meals/semester (includes $175 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$/semester).. $5,1849 meals per week (includes $150 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$ per semester) ………. .. $4,858140 block of meals/semester(includes $150 Dining Dollars + $75 Pirate Buc$/semester)….$4,8585 meals per week (includes $100 Pirate Buc$ per semester)………………………………. ……….$2,116(Note: All meal plans include an 8.25% sales tax. 5 meal plan only available to those residing in the Lord Center, the Dorothy Lord Center, the fraternity houses, or off campus)
Which Halls Close on Saturday, May 7 at Noon?
All of our residence halls, apartments, and fraternity houses will close at Noon on Saturday, May 7 for non-graduating students.
Residence halls, apartments, and fraternity houses will close at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 8 for graduating seniors.
When will I need to check out of my space?
You will receive information in mid-April via your SU email on how to sign-up for a check-out time. You will need to vacate your unit within 24-hours of your last final exam unless you have written permission from a member of the Housing & Residence Life staff team.
What if I would like to request summer housing?
If you would like to request summer housing, please complete this form: https://forms.gle/9wTZvKgHzh13ykKy8 .
All summer housing will be assigned in the Lord Residential Center.
Washers and dryers are provided in residence halls on campus. Each load is 1.25 to wash and 1.25 to dry and you pay for laundry services by using the CSC Go mobile application.Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/csc-go/id1552572916Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cscsw.cscgoAll of our machines can now be operated through the CSC Go mobile application. You can find the link to the application below. This new app also allows you to see how many machines are currently available in your assigned laundry room.Once you have used the App to determine that the number of washers you need are open by clicking the “Room” tab on the bottom of the screen, you should follow these steps:- Add funds into your wallet by navigating to the “Wallet” tab on the App and clicking “Add Funds.” Please note that you will not be able to use Pirate Bucks.- Place your clothes/items and detergent in the open machine.- On the CSC Go App, click the “Start” tab on the bottom of the screen and click the “Open Scanner” option in the middle. You will then scan the QR code on the machine using your phone camera, see. You can also use the Tap or license plate number entry features.- The App will always say that your settings are Light, Normal, and Cold.- Adjust the settings on the machine to your desired levels. Press the green “Start” button on the actual machine.- Once you do this, your phone screen, under the “Laundry” tab will show you how many minutes are left until your laundry cycle is completed.- If you elected to receive notifications from the CSC Go App, you will receive a notification
For incoming students:
You will receive information from Admissions on the next steps you should take to receive your fall 2022 housing assignment.By June 1: Review and complete your ‘First-Year Housing Registration Form”.*Please note: The date of receipt of this form will drive your housing assignment preference rank.Building and roommate assignments will be emailed to you between June 1, 2022 and June 6, 2022 (Before Sprog).*Hall/room preferences can not be guaranteed.
For current students:
- The Housing Application and Room Selection Process for the Fall 2022 semester have concluded.
- If you have any additional questions or need to make a housing assignment request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For more information: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nuSIy-AWaWs2If5Uc6SPnR_WN4D-c31m/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114348149593498520728&rtpof=true&sd=true
Pirate Preparedness Kit
- Face coverings
- Hand sanitizer - with an alcohol solution of at least 70% alcohol
- Disinfectant/Disinfectant Wipes - The most common EPA registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface
- Hand soap
- First-Aid Kit
- Insurance Cards
- Prescribed medication
Linens and Laundry
- Linens (bed sizes are different for each hall, see your individual residence hall page to find the size)
- Laundry Basket/Bag
- Laundry Detergent/Dryer Sheets
- Alarm clock
- Computer and charger
- Study lamp
- Coffee pot
- Posters, decorations, etc.
- 3M Command Adhesive Strips (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Ruter, Mabee, and Clark)
- Push pins (for hanging pictures/posters on walls in Brown-Cody)
- Microwave (coordinate with your roommate)
- Refrigerator (no larger than 4.3 cubic ft.) (coordinate with your roommate)
- Bath/Face Cleanser,
- Tweezers, Nail Clippers,
- Razor/Shaving Cream,
- Lotion/Facial Moisturizer,
- Hair Dryer
- Toilet bowl cleaner/brush
- pets (except fish in under 10 gallon tank)
- halogen lamps
- candles and incense
- hot plates
- air fryers
- refrigerator larger than 4.3 cubic ft.
- anything with open burner (hot plate, toaster, crock pot, portable grill, etc.)
- extra furniture that the university already provides (university owned
- furniture cannot be removed from room, this includes mattresses)
- wireless routers or wireless access points
Please see your individual residence hall page to see specifics on furniture provided by the University, room layouts, and dimensions.
There is an on-campus residency requirement at Southwestern for students who have had less than four full-time semesters in college. Incoming students must be at least 17 years of age at the time of initial occupancy to live in University housing.