Policies & Procedures
SIRA provides a variety of outdoor gear and sports equipment for check-out at no cost (a refundable Pirate Card deposit is required) to SU Community members.
Policies and Procedures for Check Out Equipment:
- SIRA only issues reserved gear through scheduled appointments. To check out equipment, please make a reservation for the gear by noon on the day prior to the desired pickup - online reservation form. If you come by without an appointment or miss your scheduled appointment, the equipment will not be available for you.
- A $50 refundable deposit is required in conjunction with all equipment reservations. SIRA will accept only charges to an SU Pirate Card (a balance of $50 or more is required).
- Gear pickup will be from the back door of the Robertson Center located between the Walzel and Robertson Gym or the SIRA Office (CJR 214).
- Gear must be returned to the same location of the Robertson Center within the arranged return time window. All returns will be by 4:00pm on the Monday following a weekend checkout, unless arrangements for a later return are made in advance.
- SIRA will not accept any gear that is returned excessively dirty. SIRA will not return your deposit until the equipment has been properly cleaned by you.
- If gear is returned on time and in a satisfactory state, SIRA will return the deposit in full.
- SIRA reserves the right to assess fees for loss/damage appropriate to the retail replacement cost of the gear.
- To check out equipment, please make a reservation for the gear by noon on the day prior to the desired pickup - online reservation form.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-863-1606 to find out more info.