Research & Digital Scholarship
Librarians provide in-person and online research support to students as well as an instruction program focused on the use of library resources and technologies.
Are you trying to formulate a research question? Are you wondering which databases or other library resources are the most appropriate for your research? Do you want to incorporate technology into your assignment? We can help!
Ask a Librarian.This online FAQ may just have the answer you’re looking for! If not, submit your question and it will be answered by email as quickly as possible Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Outside of regular department hours, questions will be answered within 24 hours or less.
- For more in-depth and personalized assistance, Request a Research Appointment with a librarian or digital scholarship specialist.
- Drop-in research assistance can be requested at the InfoDesk on the first floor of the library. InfoDesk staff will contact the librarian on call to assist you.
- You can also directly contact any of the Research and Digital Scholarship professionals:
Director of Research and Digital Scholarship
(512) 863-1550 | SLC Research Commons
(512) 863-1644 | SLC 141
Research and Instruction Librarian
(512) 863-1024 | SLC Research Commons
Head Research and Instruction Librarian
(512) 863-1320 | SLC Research Commons
Outreach & Information Literacy Librarian
(512) 863-1558 | SLC Research Commons
Are you looking for a place to start exploring library resources? Or, is it midnight and there is no one in the library to help you?
Try our online Research Guides to find search tips, database help, information on citing sources, and much, much more. Browse all guides, or you can browse by subject or librarian. A Subject Guide has been developed for each academic discipline, in addition to general guides, and some guides for specific courses.
Whether you want an instructional session focused on the use of library resources, or on learning with technology, we will be happy to work with you to to offer a workshop that meets your goals. Sessions range from general to specific and can be scheduled for an entire class period, or some topics can be covered in 30-minute mini-workshops.
We can also prepare an online Research Guide tailored to your class assignment.