This optional account is free.
Signing up for a WorldCat account is fast and easy, and requires only an e-mail address.
A WorldCat account lets you:
- Create a public profile that lets other WorldCat users know something about you and your interests
- Add a page to your favorites , or add a favorite library
- Bookmark & Share your results, or add a link to the page
- Save your search results
- Build and maintain public or private lists of books, videos and many other kinds of items owned by libraries
- Add information to WorldCat records, such as reviews , notes and tags
WorldCat has instructions for creating a free account.
Note: this account is different than the My Library Account, also found in WorldCat. My Library Account is specifically for your checkouts, holds, fines, and notices from your library. Your WorldCat account is for saving searches, tagging items, and sharing lists with other WorldCat account users all over the world.