Theses and Honors Theses
How to submit your thesis to the library
Congratulations on finishing your Honors Thesis!
To add your thesis to the library collection, we require two copies: a paper copy to bind and place in our print collection, and a digital version to be stored in our online repository, SU Scholar . For more information on SU Scholar, see our guide .
Arranging your Thesis Content for Binding
For the paper version, you need to:
- give the library one complete copy with an original signature page on top.
- make sure all the pages are in the correct order. Theses are sent to the bindery as they are submitted. Only the signature page is checked by library staff.
- turn in the printed copy of your thesis for binding before June 30th, or the last business day before the 30th.
- your paper thesis can be one-sided or double-sided.
- allow at least a 1-inch margin on all four sides of the page.
- Provide even larger margins for any images or tables, as the bindery will crop the pages in the binding process.
For the digital version, you need to:
- arrange the content of your digital version however you like.
- sign a digital consent form, then submit your thesis in whatever digital format you like to email@example.com .
- download and print a permission slip for your professor to sign allowing your thesis to be posted on the SUScholar website.
- bring that printed permission slip along with the print copy of your thesis to remit to the library.
Contact the InfoDesk if you have problems with either online form.
If you’d like an optional second paper copy for yourself, as our gift to you, the Library will bind and mail one (1) additional copy at no charge.
For this gift copy, you must submit the following information with your additional paper copy:
- your name
- email address (a non-SU address, preferably)
- phone number where you can be reached
- mailing address where the gift bound thesis can be mailed to you in December.
Please physically separate the two printed copies of your thesis with a piece of colored paper or put them in separate folders to keep them from being bound into one volume by accident.
Where to deliver your paper copy (or copies) for binding:
For 2021 Graduates while the Library is closed:
MAIL your paper thesis to: Smith Library Center Attn: Debi Flummer, 1001 E. University Ave., Georgetown, TX 78626The last day to postmark print copies of your thesis for binding is June 30th.
For questions about theses and binding, contact Debi Flummer .