Food and Drink in the Library
Food and covered drinks are permitted in most areas of the Library
(except Special Collections) within the following guidelines:
During the COVID19 pandemic, library policies regarding food & drink inside the building have changed. Please see our document for the most current information. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Library users must clean up after themselves: dispose of trash in appropriate containers or remove it from the building immediately after an event.
- Any spills or damage should be reported to the InfoDesk as soon as possible.
- Food is not permitted where it interferes with others’ use of the Library.
- Food delivery by outside vendors is discouraged. If you order food delivered, you must meet the vendor in the lobby or outside after the doors are locked. InfoDesk staff cannot direct, escort, receive or hold deliveries.
- Cooking, cooking appliances, and open flames are not permitted in Library public spaces.
- No Alcoholic Beverages. Consumption of alcohol is not permitted with the exception of legal-aged guests at authorized University events where alcohol is served.
For questions about the Food and Drink policies of Smith Library Center, please contact the InfoDesk.