Diversity Enrichment Committee
The Diversity Enrichment Committee leads efforts to promote the diversification of Southwestern University through: 1) advancing recruitment and retention efforts of under-represented students, faculty, and staff; 2) enhancing and challenging the existing thoughtful, open, and inclusive conversations, educational programs, and events that address diversity concerns; 3) allocating resources to University-recognized groups to provide diversity enrichment programs; and 4) collaborating with other University committees and offices in implementing recommendations regarding the above-stated areas.
Diversity Enrichment Funding Application
The Diversity Enrichment Committee encourages campus organizations, departments and student life offices to provide opportunities and programs which further diversity and inclusion on campus. Limited funding is available for such efforts. The committee determines an annual amount available for funding requests from campus groups at the beginning of each academic year. Funding requests received are considered on a rolling basis.
Diversity Enrichment Committee Members (2022 - 2023)
- Malissa Ismaila, Director of Student Inclusion & Diversity, Chair, Ex officio
- Sergio Costola, Associate Dean of the Faculty, Faculty Representation, Ex officio
- Purna Bajekal, Staff Representative
- Melissa Byrnes, Faculty Representative
- Hazel Nguyen, Faculty Representative
- Isaac Pressnell, Staff Representative
- Alexia Riggs, Staff Representative
- Angeles Rodriguez Cadena, Faculty Representative
- Rico Self, Faculty Representative
- Student Representatives- TBA
Anonymous comments can be posted from this field and are submitted directly to the Diversity Enrichment Committee.