The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Center, formerly named Office of Diversity Education, works to promote diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice initiatives on campus. The JEDI Center provides resources and supports the continued development of a positive campus climate.
LocationMcCombs Campus Center 324
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) center fosters an inclusive and equitable environment at Southwestern, in our community, and beyond. We strive to elevate the voices of underrepresented populations of historically marginalized individuals and cultivate a community of belonging.
The JEDI center creates diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments through quality education, robust research, and community building.
Visit the JEDI Center
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Center fosters an inclusive and equitable environment for Southwestern students.
The JEDI Center Offers:
- Support for historically underrepresented students in higher education.
- Advising for the cultural and identity-based student organizations included in the Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice (CDSJ).
Diversity trainings and workshops on diversity and social justice topics for the Southwestern University community.
- The JEDI Center will create workshops tailored to your specific needs and interests.
Dimensions of Diversity Certificate Program
- 5-week series tackling social inequality within organizations.
- Events and programs to promote awareness about diversity and social justice.
- Resource library, study groups, safe and brave spaces, healing spaces, and a place to relax and study.
- Networking and outreach opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Diversity Enrichment Committee Funding for programs and events.
“The ODE has such wonderful programs! Lavender Spaces and LavGrad were what made me choose SU.”
-Patrick Garza, ’16
The JEDI Center serves as an advisor to and provides support and resources for the Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice (CDSJ), which includes eleven cultural, identity, and social justice–based groups. All students and organizations are welcome to be a part of the Coalition if they are interested in working on diversity, inclusion, and social justice causes.
The JEDI Center is located in McCombs 334.
Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Center News
Photo Gallery: International Culture Night 2023
Check out the photos from the 2023 International Culture Night Celebration.READ FULL STORY
Photo Gallery: ALL OF US Fashion Show and Ebony Gala
Check out these photos from the fashion show and gala.READ FULL STORY
Visit the JEDI Center
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Center fosters an inclusive and equitable environment for Southwestern students.READ FULL STORY