Mission: The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) center fosters an inclusive and equitable environment at Southwestern, in our community, and beyond. We strive to elevate the voices of underrepresented populations of historically marginalized individuals and cultivate a community of belonging.
Vision: The JEDI center creates diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments through quality education, robust research, and community building.
A 5-week series tackling social inequality within organizations. We will introduce different dimensions of diversity and inclusion while discussing how to address systemic forms of social inequities.
The JEDI Center Offers:
- Support for historically marginalized students in higher education.
- Advising for the cultural and identity-based student organizations included in the JEDI Student Organizations.
Diversity trainings and workshops on diversity and social justice topics for the Southwestern University community.
- The JEDI Center will create workshops tailored to your specific needs and interests.
Dimensions of Diversity Certificate Program
- 5-week series tackling social inequality within organizations.
- Events and programs to promote awareness about diversity and social justice.
- Resource library, study groups, safe and brave spaces, healing spaces, and a place to relax and study.
- Networking and outreach opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Diversity Enrichment Committee Funding for programs and events.
“Thank you to the JEDI Center for all the ways it’s helped me grow. I’m grateful to have been involved and have met all of the great people who work there.”
-Jillian Reese ’23
The JEDI Center serves as an advisor to and provides support and resources for the JEDI Student Organizations, which includes eleven cultural, identity, and social justice–based groups. All students and organizations are welcome to be a part of the Coalition if they are interested in working on diversity, inclusion, and social justice causes.
The JEDI Center is located in McCombs 334.
Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Center News
Check out the photos from the Georgetown PRIDE event.READ FULL STORY
Campus organization seeks to empower Hispanic women.READ FULL STORY