Human Resources Staff

Who Do I Contact in HR For...

Although any Human Resources employee can assist you when you call or come by, we’ve put together this brief list of who to contact for specific items. Please keep this list handy and refer to it when you have a question. Thanks! The HR Staff.

Katherine Whidden
Interim Associate Vice President for Human Resources
(512) 863-1441

  • Policy development and interpretation
  • Labor & employment law compliance
  • Employee relations issues
  • Requests for and questions about Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) for faculty
  • Compensation issues

Bruce Wallace
Senior Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
(512) 863-1435

  • Main point of contact for Human Resources.
  • Posting an open position
  • Applications and resumes
  • Request to fill form (RTF) and Recruitment
  • Staff Service Years Recognition Event
  • Annual evaluations
  • Employee / Camp Volunteer online training

Tafi LaDuque
Retirement Plan Coordinator and HR Generalist
(512) 863-1822

  • Questions about the TIAA-CREF regular and supplemental retirement plans.
  • Personnel Action Forms (PAR) for employee actions and New Hires
  • Human Resources reporting & data
  • Organizational charts
  • Human Resources website
  • Worker’s Compensation coordination and reporting

Peggy Freitas
Benefits Coordinator
(512) 863-1807

  • Questions regarding benefits/insurance: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life, long term disability claims, replacement ID cards, etc…
  • Requests for and questions about Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) for non-exempt and exempt staff employees.
  • Questions about the Wellness Program