For Current Students
Pi Delta Phi
Students who successfully complete advanced coursework are eligible to apply for membership to Pi Delta Phi, the National French Honor Society for students at accredited colleges and universities.
Southwestern University provides numerous opportunities for study abroad, through strong relationships between Southwestern and other schools and and organizations. Visit the Office of Intercultural Learning to learn more.
Students who major in French at Southwestern complete a significant research project of 20+ pages in which they practice effective interdisciplinary thinking as it relates to their areas of interest. Topics covered usually address issues from our culture, film, and literature courses.
Click here for an overview of the Capstone and the valuable skills students build throughout their French studies.
Internationalize your coursework and boost your global career.
- Teaching Assistant Program in France – for Graduating Seniors
- Fulbright - for Research and Teaching Abroad
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Women in French
- Modern Language Association