About the PLC
Parents of current students are eligible to join the Parent Leadership Council (PLC) by making an annual gift of $2,500 or more to support any area of campus life.
- To offer opportunities for meaningful engagement between parents and University leadership.
- To help maintain the excellence of University programs by supporting the Parent Fund (part of the Southwestern Fund).
- To promote parent-to-parent interaction within the University community.
- To serve as a network of informed ambassadors for the University.
- Commit to a one-year renewable term and participate in two meetings annually: during Homecoming and Spring Family Day. Meetings vary in format but often include student and faculty panels, distinguished alumni speakers, and input from President Ed Burger.
- Make an annual leadership gift of $2,500 or more to support the Parent Fund (part of the Southwestern Fund) or any other campus program or initiative that supports students’ educational and co-curricular experiences.
- Serve the University in ways that are meaningful to your family, such as hosting a Send-Off Party, contacting incoming SU families, writing notes to prospective Southwestern families, connecting students with internship opportunities, and many more!
- Receive an invitation to a spring event hosted by President Burger for PLC members and their students.
- Receive invitations to private donor events and select University events.
- Enjoy reserved seating at University events, including Commencement, Shilling Lecture, and SING!
- Connect directly with University Relations staff who answer questions and assist with efforts to support Southwestern University.
Parent Leadership Council Chairs
Mike and Lee Barry, Houston, Texas, 2019-
Robin and Doug McDurham, Waco, Texas, 2017-2019
Melissa and Sean Burke, Austin, Texas 2015-2017
Teresa and Haynes Morris, Dallas, Texas 2013-2015